Vermin cable, how many splits?

Eddiecraw

Hi guys, I've got a vu+duo 2 with a twin cable tuner, running off a vermin broadband feed.

Snr = 100%
Agc = 93%
Ber =0

With the twin tuner, obviously I can watch one and record another, although I've noticed the timed recordings aren't allowed to overlap or one gets cancelled! That's the problem.

The missus likes her recordings..... So would I be right in saying if I buy another twin cable tuner and install that instead of my twin sat tuner.... Would I effectively have 3 channels to record and one to watch?

Obviously I'd have to use another outlet of my splitter to feed the new cable tuner.

Just asking before I buy another one incase it won't work.

Cheers guys. :(y):

Doh! Cheers willo, never thought to check if they sell them with 2 x twin cable tuners.

Looks like I've got a strong enough snr to cope with 2 cables. Think I'll invest.

Thanks again.

You should be able to use a short loop cable out of the first tuner into the second tuner to save having to run another cable from the splitter.

upload_2017-10-21_11-11-53.png

Ah right, would that give me the 4 feeds (3 record, 1 watch)?

Would be better than running 2 cables from the splitter like you say.

Yes, it looks like there's one input and one output on each tuner module.
The twin tuners must be split internally.
Just loop a cable from the output of the first tuner module into the input of the second tuner module.

Nice one willo, I'll buy the second tuner and have a dabble.

Thanks for your help kid. :(y):

Hello again guys, So, I've got the 2 x twin cable tuners installed, but for some reason it won't pick up on the new tuner!!

I've matched the settings for both tuners, net id, symbol rate, but for the life of me,I can't get cable tv running through both tuners.

The coax is connected to the new tuner, scanned and picks up 400 channels. I've got a loop cable from one tuner to the other ,but just keep getting 'No data on transponder! Timeout reading PAT.' whenever I switch to the other tuner.

Really not sure if there's a setting I need to change or whether the 2 tuners just don't work together like that?

I'm trying to avoid having a feed from the splitter to each tuner (hence the loop cable from one to the other), but should the loop cable work between tuners? Or am I stuck with 2 cables running to the box?

Cheers guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure ive seen this scenario on another thread about a loop through cable and it didnt work because the tuners were not hybrid ones with built in splitter etc so only one input cable needed etc but im not 100% sure because i cant find the thread :(

Last edited:
Sure ive seen this scenario on another forum about a loop through cable and it didnt work because the tuners were not hybrid ones with built in splitter etc so only one input cable needed etc but im not 100% sure because i cant find the thread :(

Cheers rs, I'm still looking for an answer. Just double checked and my tuners are twin hybrid's so not sure what's going on. Still altering settings to try and get them working together.

Hi guys, just a little update.

advised to re-flash the box which I did and had the same result.

Tuner modules recognised (Tuner 1 = A+B)(Tuner 2 = C+D)

I set all tuners up exactly the same but still couldn't use all 4 off 1 feed and a loop cable!!!

Speaking to someone else, they mentioned talking to my line man to activate multiroom.....
Hey presto, I've now got 3 of the 4 to work. It seems the line is limited so that the service isn't abused?? So a second tuner won't work.

So, all good. The Queen's happy recording 2 and watching some other junk!

Thanks for all your help and advice.

:(y):

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT MENTION OTHER FORUMS HERE, OR YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE BANNED FOR A WEEK FIRST OFF, THEN PERMANENTLY.

THANK YOU,

WHEELO

Back