vermin self installation

help36

Hi guys,

Can anyone help please, my uncle is getting vermin but he doesn't want to have cables around the skirting boards.

He wants to chase all the required cables into the wall, can anyone please recommend what cables are required for TV, Phone and Broadband?

i have a rough idea but just want to make sure it's right for him so he doesn't have to make a mess twice.

does each to box need 1 cable feed and 1 ethernet, and you can record etc through the 1 cable?

broadband just needs a cable from the input to router?

phone line not a clue?

how would you set up multi room tv cable? there will obviously need to be a splitter but how and where? assume 2 TVs down stairs and 3 TV upstairs but it may differ but i assume the principal is the same.

thanks in advance, please keep it basic assume i know nothing as i probably don't!!!

WF100 cable to the point of every TV going back to somewhere you can split the incoming cable from VM.
Best using a HDU 400 powered splitter but not absolutely necessary.
Ethernet cable from router or network switch to every TV point.
Forget the phone, just plug one in at entry.
Think about your setup , will all receivers be in use at one time?
You can stream the Channels from one main receiver to other receivers without the need for a VM feed of even tuners in the "slave receiver"

isn't wf100 the same cable as sly? do you not need the vermin cable then?

can you have as many TV feeds as you want into the splitter?

so need a tv cable for each box going to a splitter and ethernet for each box going to wherever the router or switch is?

you totally lost me with the last bit, stream channels from main receiver?

This is a genuine vermin setup i am talking about not zgemma or anything.

WF100 is decent quality cable, use what ever cable you want but buying a good quality cable means its useful for other purposes in the future (motorised satellite)
Ethernet optional if your not using E2 receivers
Streaming optional if using E2 receivers
5 feeds would be ok so long as you have the signal coming in.
If your not using E2 receivers then get virmin in to do the job as they have all the right equipment and can sort out the right signal to each receiver.

I'd check with vermin you can have 5 receivers, not sure about that myself.

5 vermins boxes... what you running........ a cinema..lol...... Never had a genuine vernim box, but i don't think they need a ethernet cable to them ?? as Dangerous says, get a 400 HDU powered splitter box for best results, and use the WF100 cables...

i don't know how many boxes he will have just thought if he has a couple in bedrooms it would soon add up and then how do you connect it to splitter.

would be good to know if anyone has or had vermin could confirm the setup or take some pictures. i thought they needs ethernet but don't know why.

THEN you will need to know the exact set-up for anybody to know what help you need and what it not needed in the set up...?????

i need to know what cables i need from the cable line coming in from the road to the box on the wall to a router and phone

and what cables i need for a vermin TV box and where these connect.

Surely whether i have 2,3,4 TVs is neither here nor there just additional cables and a splitter

i need to know what cables i need from the cable line coming in from the road to the box on the wall to a router and phone

Surely whether i have 2,3,4 TVs is neither here nor there just additional cables and a splitter
Your first question would be to ask virmin how many receivers you can have in one house.
I've a feeling 3 is the max.

not as simple as that I'm afraid as it loses up to 20% of it's signal each time it goes through a splitter, which is why a powered splitter has been mentioned.

Also, what has been mentioned earlier is that VM almost certainly won't supply 4 or 5 boxes to one house, and they certainly won't bury any cables in plaster.....if something goes wrong in 6 months time, they'll have to start hacking into walls to check cables etc? - never gonna happen

Back