View Xpeed LX2 or zgemma star 2s recording

21sam

Hi I was given a cheap openbox to try and it works ok but I am not able to view a recording via the openbox.

So if I buy a Xpeed LX2 will I be able to view the recording via the box please

PS or a zgemma star 2s

Last edited:
but I am not able to view a recording via the openbox.

You can record with an Openbox if you insert a storage device into the USB slot. If you want to view what you've recorded,use the Media player via the menu.

You should be able to view your recordings via the media player on you openbox Both the Xpeed and the Zgemma star both have places to watch recordings and able to watch and record at same time

lx speed is far superior and faster and open sourced and can run vix image excellent box.

Rubbish lxspeed has identical specs as Zgemma s2 and is round £40 more...and it can run Vix patched and officially supported by openATV plus others

You can record with an Openbox if you insert a storage device into the USB slot. If you want to view what you've recorded,use the Media player via the menu.

Hi Maff yes I have a external hard drive connected to the openbox but when I try and view the recording via the media player a second dialog box opens and covers the list of recordings so I carnt start them, but they play ok on my computer

lx speed is far superior and faster and open sourced and can run vix image excellent box.

You do keep saying this.

whats your reasoning other than vix dont support zgemma tto online update?

---------- Post Merged at 07:10 PM ----------

Openbox have very limited record function compared to any of the other 2 boxs mentioned. Or any of the other enigma 2 boxs.
Lx2 comes with 2 year warranty and official online updates on vix.
Other than that id say they're quite similar.
ive the zgemma not the lx2. But read the guys who've had both said similar speeds etc.

Last edited:
Don't want to be rude this is thread about a bloke who had problems with his box and watching his recordings ( feel sorry for him) I will say my peace People slag off different boxes from the old Dm boxes and others But they did the job who cares as long as we didn't pay Full cost. Skybox did well because you could update and put your line in by USB very easy to use compared to Enigma 1 boxes. We have moved on to enigma 2 boxes Some people can not afford the prices of some of the top of the range boxes But if a cheaper version works ok what is the problem After all we are after the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like for people to get something that works and does not have too many issues,somehow somewhere i think the patched vix image is linked to wos as when wos had their icon to red zgemma could not download plugins to box from feeds,other images support this box no problem.i dont want to see people fuming with bricked boxes,i saw on 2 days ago stopped a bootloader flash in mid stream when box was powered off.

yes recordings on duo and solo2 can be got by pressing a list button to show what you recorded,many other e2 boxes are same setup,you can have both tuners recording different programs while you view your recordings no problem.

Last edited:

Hi Maff yes I have a external hard drive connected to the openbox but when I try and view the recording via the media player a second dialog box opens and covers the list of recordings so I carnt start them, but they play ok on my computer
When you select media player if you go down to record It will show on the right hand side ,if you select what you want to watch If you press ok it will start playing in the centre If you press ok again it will give you it on full screen where you can Pause, forward, ect

Ok thanks for all the advice guys I much appreciate you talking the time to reply

Just one last question if I may

If I buy the Xpeed LX2 just what will I be able to view on it without the card sharing / payservers thing.

Will it receive free to air channels just what will it do straight out of the box please.

Regards

it will be a freesat box with options to record if you have a hdd and 2 sat feeds.

dam i forgot kodi many things on that all by the internet stream.

Ok thanks i am not able to cancel sky yet for a few months but if i get a quad LMB fitted to my sky dish will it invalidate my sky 1 year warrantee

If you have a sky+box you have quad lnb already fitted

If you have a sky+box you have quad lnb already fitt

Hi tich. I've just had a look and yes you are right there is a quad LMB fitted but two of the cables go to the sky+ box and one other goes to an old sky box in the front room. I am hopeing to setup this new box in a upstairs room so then I think I would need a 6 or 8 way LMB.

Would this be a problem with the sky warrantee until I can cancel sky

Regards

octo would be your next best lnb,but hold onto old quad as you know it works,as long as sky are not called out £££ dont they charge per call out or only after a year? why cant you add another freesat tuner box with replacing their quad with an octo,they are a fussy lot sky lol.
hopefully others can advise more.

If you are not using the old skybox cable just disconnect it then just run new twin cable to upstairs room

Back