profile name i used dummy
ip/host name xxxx.ddns.net
port 80
streaming port 8001
enable login on
enable ssl no
username the user name of your no ip login

Dsayers2014,

Thanks once again for the help on the tiMote - I am now able to watch my TV on my tablet & phone at home and also, say, in a hotel etc. Excellent!

Mike

just use mobdro app on an android tablet. It's less hassle, less risky, and unlikely to cause your ftp to fail and your box to constantly crash. Which will happen when you set up your box for external viewing.

Someone please help. I've followed the guide exactly, entered all the relevant details into blackbox pro. When I'm on 4g it won't show any content but when I'm. Connected to the network it plays no problem at all on my phone.

Any ideas

WARNING!!- only try this if you wanna jeopardise your network security and royally screw up your box.

Followed the guide step by step and purchased blackbox pro etc and To cut a long story short... I screwed up my box, kept freezing, sub stopped working and finally had to reflash it and set it up again.

DONT TRY IT!!

Last edited:
He did indeed and hopefully people will take note and not make the same mistake i did.

I theory it's a great idea but the reality is its a complete waste of time and a big bag of w**k.

Can you still do this? I read all the post saying don't do it etc, just curious to give it a go and experiment. Ive done everything and it works on the wifi but when I try to do it on 4g it says connection failed.

Thanks

Do you know what my problems is the I've created a host and all the other stuff. But when I connect via my home wifi it works when I try 4g it doesn't.

Viewing from outside home network

ok ok ok, please be gentle this is the first time iv ever written anything up for more then 2 people, and if you have anything to add please feel free, and don't forget to like after, this has taken me a lot of man hours to finally solve.... and my appologies I did take loads of photos to make life easier but it seems I'm not eligible to upload them at the min

my setup is

Reciever - Zgemma star 2s

Software - openATV 5.1 Jensen backup (I cant link because of site conflicts)

Phone/Viewer - iPhone 6

App - Blackbox Pro £3.99 from apple store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackbox-pro-for-dreambox/id641623863?mt=8

Router - EE Brightbox - Bing Images

DDNS Site - Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP

REMOTE VIEWING FROM OUTSIDE YOUR PERSONAL NETWORK

Step 1 - Turn on your box and go to MENU, SETUP, SYSTEM, NETWORK, DEVICE SETUP, ADAPTOR SETTINGS, and make not of the top ip address because u will need the last few digits in a moment

Step 2 - then you need to head over to Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP and set up an account and confirm it, (TAKE NOTE ON YOUR DDNS.NET ADDRESS) you will need this in order for the whole thing to work (also please bare in mind because it is a free service you are signing upto u will need to just re-confirm every month or 2 months but its not much bother , 2 clicks and your away again)View attachment 14401View attachment 14402

Step 3- is now logging into your router, so head on over to ur browser and type in your login ip (usually 192.168.1.1 but not always) address which will take you to your home screen.... once u have entered your login details into the home screen (which can be found on the bottom or back of router... Username is usually admin)
View attachment 14395View attachment 14396View attachment 14397
1- go to advanced tab (ENABLE)
2- click firewall then DMZ
3- Enable DMZ and put in the last few digits of the ip address that you noted in step 1, then click and save settings.
4- Then go down to SYSTEM and click DDNS, there is now 5 lines to this which is self explanitary on screen... LINE 1 click enable. LINE 2 drop down to NO-IP.COM. LINE 3 enter the name u got from no-ip. com, which should look a little bit like XXXXXXXXX.DDNS.NET LINE 4 & LINE 5 are the email address and password you used to sign upto no-ip.com....
5- ONCE ALL IS COMPLE CLICK SAVE SETTINGS and exit your router

Step 4 - now the difficult bit is done, you need to by some way or means "obtain" blackbox pro (I personally brought mine incase they updated it but theres many ways to get it for free) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackbox-pro-for-dreambox/id641623863?mt=8

View attachment 14400

once on the app home screen u need these settings

TYPE --- Enigma 2 (openwebif)

HOST OR IP-ADDRESS --- this is the XXXXXXX.DDNS.NET you got from no-ip.com

LABEL --- (Anything u wanna name it) e.g livingroom tv

WEB INTERFACE PORT --- 80

STREAMING PORT --- 8001

SHOW HD CONTENT --- (this is upto you)

ZAP MODE --- multituner (if you keep as mirror it will change the box to what your watching on the app)

then no more data is required until you scroll down to AUTHENTICATION

USERNAME --- the email u used to set up with at no-ip.com

PASSWORD --- the password u used to set up with at no-ip.com

click done and were all finished. WELCOME TO VIEWING OUTSIDE OF NETWORK, NOW YOU CAN VIEW FROM ANYWHERE ON WIFI OR 3G NETWORK

View attachment 14398View attachment 14399

any questions please feel free to ask, I know not all routers will be the same but they cant be too different I'm sure, all the bases are there, so please enjoy
Does your tutorial still work on the black box today as it's not working for me.
Cheers
Leroy9686

Wow I forgotten I had even written this, 2 years ago, how time flies , yes this still works but I also have a different set up, cable viewing with cable provider internet, and works a treat on there aswell but with a different set up.. if any of you need a tutorial for that I'm happy to take the time to sort that out (it's safe aswell) thanks for all the positive comments aswell, was nice to read back through it after 2 years

Wow I forgotten I had even written this, 2 years ago, how time flies , yes this still works but I also have a different set up, cable viewing with cable provider internet, and works a treat on there aswell but with a different set up.. if any of you need a tutorial for that I'm happy to take the time to sort that out (it's safe aswell) thanks for all the positive comments aswell, was nice to read back through it after 2 years
Hi Andrew can you pm me the tutorial

Thanks bob

Back