virgin box issue

MUNK

sorry everyone if its been done before ,i have a problem .just upgraded my tv to a samsung 42".now virgin media works on my old box fine, brought a brand new virgin v+box hd yesterday ,and i cant get it to boot up.keeps going ld20/ld30/ld40 says its coming on but don't?, searched the net some suggestions on there but the internet says you haver to buy the v+box off virgin .but i didn't .ive looked at the menu ,its says the cards activated. anyone able to help .

As far as i know your card and box have to marry together at the address registered on both.
Ive got a gen v+ box that was installed by virmin, apparently you cant install it yourself -have no idea why.
normally if you get those it means the box is offline or the feed is down and nothing you can do until they reset. Had same problem with our boxes the other day due to their being a fault in the area.
so maybe you can ring them ( if you got a gen box) and say its down and see if they can just send a signal see if that works.

you could try putting a splitter or a/b switch in the coax to cut out return path off,you can evan try a resister but i have forgot what value it should be.

Added after 19 minutes:

sorry forgot to ad,if that works u will lose your interactive and iplayer because it can not return commands back to your cable provider.

Last edited:
Back