virgin cable wireless security

babs63

Hi,
Im new to this so please bear with me, I have just gone onto wireless so that i could recieve programes through my starview 7 box buit when installed wireless it came up with this is not secure can anyone help me where can i get a download that will make my wireless internet secure.

Hia type in google the make of yr router and security settings that should explain all you need to make yr wireless router secure........if you get lost pop a post back and will try and explain in more detail

Last edited:
Wireless Security

when you have your laptop or pc connected to your router it gives your pc an ip address
and you should have flashing computer icon on the bottom taskbar near the clock click on it
a window should open click support tab and it will give you your gateway IP Address,
open web page and type in the IP Address like this 192.168.**.** the asterix is
your router IP then press enter should give you your router login page, Login to your
Router and go to wireless settings and put in your own Password or key

and your Wireless should then be secured

Hope this Helps

Hi,
Im new to this so please bear with me, I have just gone onto wireless so that i could recieve programes through my starview 7 box buit when installed wireless it came up with this is not secure can anyone help me where can i get a download that will make my wireless internet secure.

The router is a maplin 11n cable router do you think it will have security built in?

The router is a maplin 11n cable router do you think it will have security built in?

you have to make it secure by telling it what encryption you want and adding a password so that only you can use the wireless and not anyone thats near if you do as suggested by the post above im sure you will get the info you need.
Only you can make it secure- people can explain how as gani12 has said above

When i click on the icon there is no support tag Babs

sorry you need to explain more on what you mean - what icon and what support? your question is very vague. have you gone into your router and set it with encryption and a password

When you login to you're router you should have the option to enable,
WEP, WPA or WPA2 this is the security.
When you select either one of them you will be prompted to enter a passkey, Passphrase, passcode or password in the box below it.
That is what you need to enter when you scan for you're router and want to login to the network to enable Internet access from the wireless device.
Look underneath the router for a label which will have the default settings.

The ssid is the name of the router or more likely will be the model number.

Back