VIRGIN CWS TEST LINE ENQUIRY!!??

Kerry45

Hi, I had freezing last few weeks on all music channels and checked all coax, splitters etc, direct feed, and more... Rung virgin 2 days ago, who said did something to line, and still got a freeze last night on music channels off a £30 a year server. I was then told to get in touch with a guy who has 99.9% perfect lines and he kindly give me a test and not once has it froze... So, all going down to lines been crap... As been a perfect line, it is £80 a year.... Is it a bit steep for me but for no freeze or only odd one perhaps, is this worth it my friends??? Is there any lines I could try to compare on the dearer side or very good ones same as what testing now.... I have good speed broadband and also signal coming in is ok... My signal levels on channels range from lowest 69% to 73%

£80 seems way to expensive. There's no such thing as a freeze free line. Don't be fooled if your told that. Best not to have a line through a re-seller. Find one with own servers is my preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love one that just freezes few times a day hun. I don't mind that...
Me other 2 lines on mtv channel were like freezing every minute honest. It was horrendous and unwatchable. I have a 9 year old girl who loves music so have them on . But since trying new line it's been perfect lol
All my previous must of been resellers. Do you provide then?

do you know much about networking, how to put your box on a static IP and point your dns settings to use google?

Last edited by a moderator:
Know how put line on lol and not ever messed with dns settings etc but could if told me what to do. I have virgin and hub 3.0

£80 is about right for a good cable subscription.

You pay cheap, you get crap !!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

You generally get what you pay for. If you have a good server just stick with them.

Glitchy viewing just makes you angry, and the box will go through the window one day :brb::brb::brb::brb:

its not to difficult, on your box you will need to get to the network settings. normally menu, setup, network. Disable dhcp and edit the dns.

The reason behind this is to help eliminate freezing issues. I had a problem where my iPhone was using the same ip address as the box. I thought it was an issue with the line.

Attachments

• Pic _016.jpg
    Pic _016.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 122

You generally get what you pay for. If you have a good server just stick with them.

Glitchy viewing just makes you angry, and the box will go through the window one day :brb::brb::brb::brb:
Yes i lnow lol

Hang on a minute, what £80 really? I pay £45 to connect upto 3 boxes off the same router.

its not to difficult, on your box you will need to get to the network settings. normally menu, setup, network. Disable dhcp and edit the dns.

The reason behind this is to help eliminate freezing issues. I had a problem where my iPhone was using the same ip address as the box. I thought it was an issue with the line.
Yep seen setting last night what do i change she to tho or might just leave and see lol

Yep, £80 is about right, if you are connected directly with a server who knows the script.

Go cheap and they are all resellers, get a problem and it's touch sh@t

or they are small servers using "shares" who in time become small servers who are over oversubscribed :grin::grin::grin:

Big server using "locals" wins all day long for me. Not the cheapest but deffo the best.

I have to say, I would have thought 80 was a bit pricey, but I get your point bees about paying cheap.
The thing is to test, test, and test again. There has been another thread recently about music channels glitching, if I find it , I will put a link in here.
It might be as wise to re-scan all your channels, just to be sure.

When cable first started up again after NAG3 no matter where you went all the top servers charged £80 - 85

It was even more expensive in Ireland.

After that the re sellers moved in, thing is you might get a decent one, i'm not saying it's not possible
to get a good service at a cheaper price. It's just they have no control over the quality so you don't know how long it will
be good for.

Thing is, all the servers who were in at the beginning are still charging around the same amount and they are still around.

Look at the state of the IPTV servers already, too many people trying to make a quick buck.

Last edited:
€120 per year in Ireland, and there are only a few providers.
It's business, pure and simple, some providers at the top end were a bit sketchy too.
A lot of times, the setup is wrong, but we automatically put it down to the line. I remember using a line for sat for almost a year, and saying this whole scene is crap, I changed box, and bingo, same line, no glitching.

Back