Virgin for downloading

siilver

TK Veteran
i have been with bt for years and have never been slowed down or anything from them
i dont do torrents
but from time to time i download files any thing up to 50gb, not as bad these days but sometimes it comes up

so what are virgin like
what is there setup and conditions like, any info or experiences would be great thanks

Virgin don't impose any restricting on downloading at any time. They impose restrictions on uploading at peak times unless you're on their gamer package like me then it's totally unrestricted.

I don't do torrents so need to upload at all
I just don't want to be doing 40gb and going at a snails speeds

I would go for the 200mb when I go for it.
How's the speed and all do you get full speed on downloads or how does it work

Thanks for the reply

I have the 200mb contract and normally get it but it does drop a bit at peak times but never seen it under 150mb to be honest, however think this will really depend on your area location!

something like that i can live with that wouldn't be a problem
going from a bt 52mb to even 150mb would be great

when i download im going 5mb-ish while direct downloading a file
i just dont want to be hit with bit slow downs

the street i live on its only just in and you need to still get the wire in to your house
i have only seen 2 houses with it so far and most of the people on the street are 50-80 years old

something like that i can live with that wouldn't be a problem
going from a bt 52mb to even 150mb would be great

when i download im going 5mb-ish while direct downloading a file
i just dont want to be hit with bit slow downs

the street i live on its only just in and you need to still get the wire in to your house
i have only seen 2 houses with it so far and most of the people on the street are 50-80 years old

Is it a nursing home you've moved into :grin:

well the houses are from the 1947ish
the man across the street bought his house then and paid 2k for it and he is still there

probly why we only getting it now

Sounds like my street. Think I'm the only one that uses cable. Love when they mind me they paid about 170k less!

Here's something I would like to know. In Ireland virgil doesn't have bt does it come on the zgemma by any chance???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's something I would like to know. In Ireland virgil doesn't have bt does it come on the zgemma by any chance???

not exactly sure what your question is but if you cant get it in Ireland then you wont on a zgemma vm is relient on net id so you cant get channels available in other regions unlike sat we can get roi channels in uk and roi can get uk channels

I was having a wee Google there

I see on lower packages they will slow down downloading if you download to much in an one hour then they slow you for a while and the same with uploading

Medium package only upload

Top gamer no slow down

Sorry I will explain it a bit better. Virgil Ireland doesn't offer Bt sports. So I was wondering if you could get bt using a zgemma box. Or a better way to put it is. Does anyone have bt sports using Virgil

I was having a wee Google there

I see on lower packages they will slow down downloading if you download to much in an one hour then they slow you for a while and the same with uploading

Medium package only upload

Top gamer no slow down

I think you might be posting in the wrong place

Back