VIRGIN HUB 3 with FileZilla

Please can some one help. I have recently switched from Sky to Virgin for my Fibre provider. I have now discovered when I use FileZilla to FTP my N Line it will not connect to server. After googling a bit, it seems the Virgin Hub 3 does not work with Filezilla or any other FTP client. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution or am I going to have to switch providers? Don't really want to do that if possible to avoid. Im not very technical with all this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Please can some one help. I have recently switched from Sky to Virgin for my Fibre provider. I have now discovered when I use FileZilla to FTP my N Line it will not connect to server. After googling a bit, it seems the Virgin Hub 3 does not work with Filezilla or any other FTP client. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution or am I going to have to switch providers? Don't really want to do that if possible to avoid. Im not very technical with all this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hold the phone lady! In another post you are asking about sky HD boxes, now you are using a virgin hub??? What is it you actually need help with, for clarification? FYI, You can FTP with a browser, but the issue could be you are trying to upload the line to you Sly HD box!!!

Hold the Phone?? Confused......No, I'm not trying to add line to SKY box, it has just been on my mind and thought whilst I was here with this issue, I may as well ask about that too. Im generally not a poster so killing two birds with one stone thats all.......I need help with finding a solution to uploading my n line to my zgemma box, its not doing so due to the File Zila not connecting to the Virgin Hub 3. I have tried other clients, but after googling it seems its the Virgin Hub itself that is the problem.

maybe your issue is filezilla client needs your boxes ip to connect not router ip? boxes does need to be powerd on and have network confirmed as working before using filezilla.

Hold the Phone?? Confused......No, I'm not trying to add line to SKY box, it has just been on my mind and thought whilst I was here with this issue, I may as well ask about that too. Im generally not a poster so killing two birds with one stone thats all.......I need help with finding a solution to uploading my n line to my zgemma box, its not doing so due to the File Zila not connecting to the Virgin Hub 3. I have tried other clients, but after googling it seems its the Virgin Hub itself that is the problem.

Are you using windows? is so try opening the Internet Explorer browser and type ftp://192.???.??.?? (obviously, filling in your i.p. address for your box). See if this gains you access to the zgemma. My guess is that the hub itself has a firewall preventing access.

Last edited:
I am using safari and using FileZilla. How would I disable the firewall? Any knowledge on this? Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 11:52 AM ----------

Thank you, this worked on Safari...Cheers xx

---------- Post Merged at 12:29 PM ----------

Are you using windows? is so try opening the Internet Explorer browser and type ftp://192.???.??.?? (obviously, filling in your i.p. address for your box). See if this gains you access to the zgemma. My guess is that the hub itself has a firewall preventing access.

Sorry to bother again, this did open up my box, but I cannot see anywhere to add the line? Could you direct me at all? I found a root file in Movies but it would let me go any further then the keys folder?

Back