Virgin Ireland Channel List and Epg 20/04/16 Working with OpenVix 4.1

Spent today setting up the box and realized there is not much stuff online for Irish users with Enigma2 on cable, plenty for sat.

So i searched all over the net and I found a V1rg1n Boot Image, and xyxy's post of files for upc

I have compiled a new channel list today 20/04/16 by doing a blind scan first in Galway (I compared the channel id's to Dublin with xyxy list and they are the same). 314 channels.

Extrat the Rar file and in the folder you will find 3 directories,

etc
picon
usr

FTP into your box and copy the 3 to root, Restart your box

You should now see the new boot image and channel list.

Press Menu>Setup>System>EPG>EPG-Importer>Sources(BLUE)
You should see Virgin.IE 7 days XMLTV tick the box then press Save(GREEN)

Change long descriptions up to X days to 7

Press Manual (YELLOW) and allow the EPG to download.

I hope this is helpful to some fellow Irish,

View attachment IECableGreenman.rar

Can't you just use auto bouquet maker then tune to one of the preview channels for a couple of minutes and that will populate the epg

I could, if you can send me a link to an Auto Bouquet Maker that generates for Virgin (Ireland) that would do the trick, all I see is Virgin UK and Kable NL when i run ABM on vix, tried both and no luck just timeout lock. Unless there is another version floating about im not aware of. Its not the same as Sky UK and ROI both pulling from the same place, Virgin UK and ROI are different networks completely.

You enable virgin UK in providers, then in Virgin(UK0 area select your region for ex dublin is 42753, once thats set up and tuner has the same net id as your provider area then run an ABM scan

ok ill give that a go, i know its 43218 in galway on my mates Vir box, i'll have a look thanks. i'll try the dublin one too if Gway wont work.

---------- Post Merged at 03:47 PM ----------

i dont see any dublin in AutoBouquetsMaker in OpenVix when picking VirginUK, is it a different plugin to be installed

Not that I'm aware of, they are in numerical order, have you looked all the way through them until number 42753 in providers area set?

---------- Post Merged at 03:57 PM ----------

What box and image are you using? I'm on vix

I use open vix but the ABM in 4.1 does not have any Irish in the providers. it only goes as far as 41xxx so no irish,

plus the channel numbering is different than UK so im not sure the order will be correct,

I added my own id to the vigin uk xml for ABM it picked up the channels just not in any order.

as far as i know abm is not working for irish users yet as timeout for tuner error applies.its knowing the info channel that makes abm work and not found .

I have been able to get ABM to create the Irish List in my area by editing the providers file with the correct info i managed to pull from a retail cable box in the same area. Its just the script for making the channel sections is not the same as UK so fails to order correctly.

I used the epg xml files and its working except for small issue.

I noticed certain few channels like sky action hd for example is showing wrong EPG.

Is it just me or anyone else having same issue ?

When import is done, EPG/Bouquet/Channel list is showing right data. But as soon as you go to the channel and press OK for Info Bar, wrong data is showing. When you press Ok couple more times, EPG/Bouquet/Channel list gets updated with wrong data. :dunno:

Has anyone else got this to work right?

You should see Virgin.IE 7 days XMLTV tick the box then press Save(GREEN) - i've done this but there is no Virgin.IE on my display - i have all the RytekUK etc, all countries from a-z but no ireland - i've tried to resend all files a few times to make sure i FTP'd them right - agh. Is there any other alternative? Driving me nuts not having a proper list of channels.

Going to give this a go now

any luck ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi.

Do you have an up to date backup available ?

Spent today setting up the box and realized there is not much stuff online for Irish users with Enigma2 on cable, plenty for sat.

So i searched all over the net and I found a V1rg1n Boot Image, and xyxy's post of files for upc

I have compiled a new channel list today 20/04/16 by doing a blind scan first in Galway (I compared the channel id's to Dublin with xyxy list and they are the same). 314 channels.

Extrat the Rar file and in the folder you will find 3 directories,

etc
picon
usr

FTP into your box and copy the 3 to root, Restart your box

You should now see the new boot image and channel list.

You should see Virgin.IE 7 days XMLTV tick the box then press Save(GREEN)

Change long descriptions up to X days to 7

Press Manual (YELLOW) and allow the EPG to download.

I hope this is helpful to some fellow Irish,

View attachment 17206

Back