virgin media install location

siilver

TK Veteran
im getting virgin media at the end of the month
i have bt now and my hub is in the hall

im wondering if i can choose where they install the hub?
as said the hub is in the hall and i would like it placed there again
but im not sure would they run cable around the side of the house ?

or do they place it just in the easy place for the install

They will run cable to wherever you want them to so just tell them exactly where you want it and they will do the rest and if they have any issues with that, i'm sure they'll speak to you about it.

if your getting a TV package they have to run a cable from hub to TV box so they mostly try to install near TV but your the customer so you tell them where you want the hub. Don't let them try and blag you by saying it has to be at the side or behind the TV. I had miy hub fitted at one side of the room and got them to run a cable along the skirting board to the TV so I don't have to look at a modem flashing light next to the TV. Then the old trick of phoning them a week later and telling them I need the box (tv box) relocating upstairs due to family matters. They will relocate box upstairs (free of charge) but when the engineer comes out tell him it will only be temporary so you want a splitter putting in the brown box outside to run a feed from there beacuse you might have to put the box downstairs after a few weeks. This way you have a feed upstairs and one downstairs

im not getting tv, but that doesnt mean i cant add it myself lol

where he hub is now is the centre of the house really, so the best place for wifi really
i just want them to come in and go, ah there is your tv, we will set you up there, as you will want tv
but then is there an outside box that they use?

I had the cable going into my living room near the TV, the brown box outside is at the opposite side of the house near the front door. They just ran a cable from the outside box around to the back of the house.

I just said that I wanted the router near my TV so I can have my ps4 wired and didn't want to run a long Ethernet cable from router to ps4

i have the house on internet power lines
the one behind the tv had 3 ports on it, but its just died after a good few years
so i have a single powerline going to a switch, for tv, h2s and h7/ps

Back