Virgin Media Signal Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

simba92

It's new and boxed. Looking for £35 delivered for it via Paypal.

PvKhBuW.jpg

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
The official range that VM engineers use are the tratec technetix range tried and tested and work. Some people have said other booster makes work but that's down to preference. Have no idea about the Asheridge range maybe someone does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, want to thank everyone for their advice, I have tried using different cables, but to no avail, so I will take the plunge and buy the booster. How my set up is, I have a brown box, with a splitter, then a white box in my living room for the internet, and a white box in my bedroom for the TV. I opened the white box in my bedroom, and it has a single splitter, so one wire goes in and one comes out. My question is will this splitter still work, I'll have a spare port on it... Will I just need to cover that up...

I don't think you fully understand what this unit is for. The "single splitter" in your white boxes are not splitters, they're isolators and they should be left as they are.

In your case, this will only be useful if you remove the 2 way splitter in your brown box and replace with this. However you will need to provide power to the HDU Unit therefore possibly means getting the drill out.

From the sounds of it, you might be best paying someone to sort this for you or having basic subscription tv with vm so an engineer can adjust your power levels for broadband and tv.

I could sell you this, however i rather not as I don't think it will be of much use unless you know what you're doing.

Maybe you can get someone on the forum to guide you through what needs doing but thats probably best asked in the cable section of the site.

Why can't these HDU's be fitted internally if it's been split by VM outside to feed 2 rooms? ... not arguing, just curious :)

Why can't these HDU's be fitted internally if it's been split by VM outside to feed 2 rooms? ... not arguing, just curious :)

In most cases these are fitted internally as feed is usually split inside the house.

In this case as the feed is split outside this would have to go outside.

Remember it's a direct replacement for a splitter. So the current splitter (regardless of where located) needs to be removed and replaced with the Hdu

This section is not for people who are running a business selling. merely for just a one off. please read the rules, and contact HiTeck, if you want to bulk sell, or sell multiple items.

Reactions: ste
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back