Cable Virgin Media

I'll be having my virgin media installed on the 8th of April and then I'll be purchasing a Zgemma box. I'm just after a bit of info on how to set the Zgemma box up and anything else that I need to know.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if they will install a Virgin Media Hub 3 but some users have experienced issues with it connecting to their boxes. It's probably worth having a read through some threads on here before ordering as to potential solutions. Also worth noting that zgemma are due to bring out some new boxes very soon (released but I can't find UK supply), not sure on price.

Not sure if they will install a Virgin Media Hub 3 but some users have experienced issues with it connecting to their boxes. It's probably worth having a read through some threads on here before ordering as to potential solutions. Also worth noting that zgemma are due to bring out some new boxes very soon (released but I can't find UK supply), not sure on price.

It'll be a few weeks before I purchase one anyways so I'll keep an eye out online.

It's free to request but no point until you have your box setup.

For virgin nlines (actually start CWS) work better. Main difference is cline is the old protocol but still solid.

It's free to request but no point until you have your box setup.

For virgin nlines (actually start CWS) work better. Main difference is cline is the old protocol but still solid.

I won't be requesting it yet I was just curious that's all. This is all new to me so thought I'd do a bit of research first.

Cheers

Nlines use the protocol Mgcamd and take advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms. These lines start “CWS”.

Clines use the protocol ccam and is an older cam, still very good. These lines start “C”. Some people convert nlines to be used with ccam (these lines actually start n)

If a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance

Virgin has been installed now it's time to buy a box. What are people's recommendations? I've been looking at the Zgemma H2, H2H and the H5 don't really know the difference though.

What you guys recommend?

Thanks

Back