Cable Virgin Media

Virgin has been installed now it's time to buy a box. What are people's recommendations? I've been looking at the Zgemma H2, H2H and the H5 don't really know the difference though.

What you guys recommend?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay away from the H2, I have one and its got a weak tuner. I'm told the H2H is now sorted in terms of tuner. If your budget allows for a little more then go for a twin tuner cable box, just gives you the same as a TiVo. Some of the upper end boxes will come with internal hard drives and they look far better. Again all depends on the budget!

Cheers dude. Will I be able to record with this box? Also what else will I need to purchase with it or does everything come with it?

Just a quickie Dirty_badger13, your vm hub, is it a superhub 3? Have a little search on here about them. I'm pretty sure some have had issues and hopefully this will help you iron out any minor problems when setting up

Just a quickie Dirty_badger13, your vm hub, is it a superhub 3? Have a little search on here about them. I'm pretty sure some have had issues and hopefully this will help you iron out any minor problems when setting up

I aren't too sure dude, it only got installed yesterday so I'm assuming it's their latest one. It'll be connected via Ethernet cable though so don't know if that'll stop any issues.

I aren't too sure dude, it only got installed yesterday so I'm assuming it's their latest one. It'll be connected via Ethernet cable though so don't know if that'll stop any issues.

Hopefully you're problem free, just thought I'd give you a little heads up as to some that have had issues!

dirty badger, i've just pulled the trigger on an mutant HD51 4K box myself, mines also arrives tomorrow , you seem like a newbie like myself but after a bot of reading ( till 4am this morning ) i now feel confident of tackling the install setup myself , but these guys on here are very helpful and can point you to where you need to be on any topic

as your gettin the HD51 like myself you will need to use Oscam as opposed to mgcamd going forward , so again i found this from dangerous
http://www.techkings.org/resources/mutant-hd51-openvix-5-0-009-back-up-image.21/reviews

it basically comes pre-installed with oscam , all you do is edit & put in your details and your good to go i believe ;))

i'll probably have a go installing the cams myself as i like to learn as much as possible so i know how to fix it when i break it hahah, but if i struggle flying solo then i have this as a backup for easy install

regards

Qvic

dirty badger, i've just pulled the trigger on an mutant HD51 4K box myself, mines also arrives tomorrow , you seem like a newbie like myself but after a bot of reading ( till 4am this morning ) i now feel confident of tackling the install setup myself , but these guys on here are very helpful and can point you to where you need to be on any topic

as your gettin the HD51 like myself you will need to use Oscam as opposed to mgcamd going forward , so again i found this from dangerous
http://www.techkings.org/resources/mutant-hd51-openvix-5-0-009-back-up-image.21/reviews

it basically comes pre-installed with oscam , all you do is edit & put in your details and your good to go i believe ;))

i'll probably have a go installing the cams myself as i like to learn as much as possible so i know how to fix it when i break it hahah, but if i struggle flying solo then i have this as a backup for easy install

regards

Qvic

I've ordered mine from WOS and they'll flash it with openvix before it gets sent out.

I'm gonna see how far I manage to get before I give in and ask for help. I'm guessing not very far [emoji23]

I've ordered mine from WOS and they'll flash it with openvix before it gets sent out.

I'm gonna see how far I manage to get before I give in and ask for help. I'm guessing not very far [emoji23]

oh ive just literally recieved mines from WOS also ;)), DPD guy just away , mines came with openvix (latest) also , but im going to try flashing dangerous's image with oscam pre installed for a quick fix and see how i get on , let you know ;))

oh ive just literally recieved mines from WOS also ;)), DPD guy just away , mines came with openvix (latest) also , but im going to try flashing dangerous's image with oscam pre installed for a quick fix and see how i get on , let you know ;))

Yeah you'll have to let me know. You should be up and running in no time shouldn't you?

should i ? you obviously dont know me ;)

after downloading dangerous's image and extracting it , i notice it says openvix 50009 vu+ uno 4k ???

mines is a mutant hd51 , so quite frightened to flash this incase it bricks my box , i was expecting it to be labelled as mutant hd51 , better ask him before i do anything ;)

told ye something would crop up !!

scrap that last bit , i think i downloaded the wrong image, ;))

ive no chance here ;)

You're doing better than me, I can't even find where to download them from haha. I'll have to have a look properly on line when I get in. I'm using tapatalk now

Back