Virgin Media

no, the second usb stick is what you'll use for recording, forget this part, you can add it later if you wish to start recording channels etc

You might want to use a large capacity usb drive on the box permanently but you may have issues flashing with a large capacity usb drive - I always use a small 1gb drive to flash then put my permanent one in on the step above.

View attachment 25691

Funny looking Kryptview that !! What model is it ??? :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Something from the 90s perhaps? :grin:

no, the second usb stick is what you'll use for recording, forget this part, you can add it later if you wish to start recording channels etc

"Ok, now you need to get your USB drive to flash the box - this should have the firmware on it ready then plug it into the front port of your zgemma then turn it on with the button at the back - It should come on the display at the front BOOT then change to FL5H within a couple of seconds."

Its not flashing. I have extracted the file and just moved the zgemma folder on to the usb. I insert usb stick at the front and then turn the box on from the back button abd it just boots, it doesnt flash

"Ok, now you need to get your USB drive to flash the box - this should have the firmware on it ready then plug it into the front port of your zgemma then turn it on with the button at the back - It should come on the display at the front BOOT then change to FL5H within a couple of seconds."

Its not flashing. I have extracted the file and just moved the zgemma folder on to the usb. I insert usb stick at the front and then turn the box on from the back button abd it just boots, it doesnt flash

That's an issue with the USB stick - try another one ideally between 1gb and 4gb ... Sandisk, Toshiba, Kingston etc. not cheapo eBay china import ones.

Some boxes prefer to flash via the rear port so try that too.

I just did the Ste guide and got through most. I am not getting channels though at all. I just have the VM Cable in the box

I then did an automatic scan and got no channels too

Have you disabled the satellite tuner in tuner config? (set to not configured) ... have you enabled V*rgin UK in Autobouquetsmaker in the service searching menu and set your area? ... If you get channels 1-5 you're good.

Have you disabled the satellite tuner in tuner config? (set to not configured) ... have you enabled V*rgin UK in Autobouquetsmaker in the service searching menu and set your area? ... If you get channels 1-5 you're good.

yes. i am not getting any channes at all, they not even showing when i click epg. they not showing. is it possible for me to find out if i even have any signal?

Another? ... You should be scanning with Autobouqetsmaker as per the guide - nowhere in the guide does it tell you to do an automatic scan so... ?

The screw connection on the back of a zgemma is for satellite - your cable wire needs to go into the RF IN port via the F to RF adapter that comes with that kit you ordered.

Back