Virgin Media

The screw connection on the back of a zgemma is for satellite - your cable wire needs to go into the RF IN port via the F to RF adapter that comes with that kit you ordered.

I know. I have screwed the cable into the rf connecter and inserted in to the LNB for cable.

I haven't put it in the sattelite one lol

So, you haven't screwed the cable into the back of the zgemma as you previously said you had...

I'd suggest starting from the beginning and reading everything VERY CAREFULLY.

it sounds like you are confusing epg with scanning, the two work separately so forget your epg for the moment & concentrate on setting up autobouquetsmaker
epg importer & autobouquetsmaker are separate plugins.

So, you haven't screwed the cable into the back of the zgemma as you previously said you had...

I'd suggest starting from the beginning and reading everything VERY CAREFULLY.

I had. I didn't say I put it in the sattelite one. I inserted into the cable one 100%

it sounds like you are confusing epg with scanning, the two work separately so forget your epg for the moment & concentrate on setting up autobouquetsmaker
epg importer & autobouquetsmaker are separate plugins.

I am not confused. I did the auto bouquet maker thing and then exited and clicked on epg button to see if I had any channels

ok
menu>setup>service serarching>tuner configuration>tuner b click ok

is your network id also in there and also virgin uk (pure) as provider?

yes that's correct and normally what happens. how do you have the box connected? direct 1 feed only or via a splitter? what cables do you use? have you unplugged the cable and re-attached? does this happen on all channels? have you taken a test line sub to eliminate issue?

yes that's correct and normally what happens. how do you have the box connected? direct 1 feed only or via a splitter? what cables do you use? have you unplugged the cable and re-attached? does this happen on all channels? have you taken a test line sub to eliminate issue?

I am using a splitter. This is what I am using

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Way-Splitter-Kit-for-Cable-TV-CATV-Starview-NTL-Virgin-Media-DBox2-etc/330363155472?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I have unplugged the cable and re-attached. It does happen on all channels. the test line sub does not eliminate the issue?

Last edited:
hmm well that doesn't help cos the splitter you need should be a technetix 5 - 1000 range, the one you got is 5 - 2400. Those cables look like just fly leads. You need quality decent cables, like what virmin use which are Amphenol or Webro WF100 as a minimum to start.

Attachments

• Pic _012.jpg
    Pic _012.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 25
hmm well that doesn't help cos the splitter you need should be a technetix 5 - 1000 range, the one you got is 5 - 2400. Those cables look like just fly leads. You need quality decent cables, like what virmin use which are Amphenol or Webro WF100 as a minimum to start.

Right.

I have now just ordered these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...748071?hash=item4b226762e7:g:2WQAAOSwcgNZFI6m

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIRGIN-ME...hash=item35c20766be:m:m7vWKjqxztiMkWgD4KOf-bg I ordered 2 metres

Will they do the job?

yes that's good kit you have ordered. I see from previous posts your getting virmin installed on the 30th, so as your already live, what else is on the splitter?

Back