Virgin TV

muzicman

I've got Virgin Broadband so have a cable connected to my router. (I got this after I stopped my Virgin TV sub) Also another cable which used to be connected to an early NTL box. When I perform a cable search on my Zgemma Star H1 boxit comes back as nothing found. Am I right in thinking that my cable TV line is dead and I will have to get a basic Virgin sub.

I thought with having a live Broadband cable and/or an old cable TV line. I would be able to access cable with my Zgemma box.

Am I right in my supposition or am I doing anything wrong with my cable search

Thanks

If you have got VM broadband you will have a live cable signal.

It will do TV and broadband. Use a splitter to feed the box and router.

Try another net id, if your not picking up any channels.

Not sure what you mean about your old NTL box.

NTL was the old name of cable before virgin took it over like telewest i think boy that's going back a bit...

Last edited:
If you have got VM broadband you will have a live cable signal.

It will do TV and broadband. Use a splitter to feed the box and router.

Try another net id, if your not picking up any channels.

Not sure what you mean about your old NTL box.

Thanks for reply

Looks like it's a problem with the search then.

The Sat search is fine but cable search finds nothing. I've tried 41053 (Leeds) where I live and 00001 West Yorkshire. Can't figure out what the problem is

Make sure all the QAM settings are ticked

did you also enter the symbol rate 6952 ?

Last edited:
I just tick them all, because I never know which one I should be using lol
it doesn't do any harm

You don't need the frequency,

In configure tuner, you need your net id, set all the qams to yes, at the very bottom put in your symbol rate.

In autobouquet maker "providers" you need to select virgin UK as yes, then scroll through the areas until you get to Leeds,
the net id's should match, then scan using autoboquet maker.

Is that what you are doing ?

You don't need the frequency,

In configure tuner, you need your net id, set all the qams to yes, at the very bottom put in your symbol rate.

In autobouquet maker "providers" you need to select virgin UK as yes, then scroll through the areas until you get to Leeds,
the net id's should match, then scan using autoboquet maker. I've Vix and Open with the same result

Is that what you are doing ?

There doesn't seem to be Leeds option in auobouquet maker (at least I can't find one). only N Yorkshire, NW Yorkshire and Sheffield which I've tried. I've done all the other things you've mentioned

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 PM ----------

Apologies. Virgin does have a setting for Leeds. It was Sky I was thinking about

I. Do I scan in Autobouquet maker before doing a channel scan?
2. Is there anyway of telling if I'm getting a cable signal like you can for sky through LNB

thanks

If you have set it up in "provders" you use the scan option in the autobouquet maker menu.
you should see it scanning sky followed by cable on the bar across the bottom of the screen during scanning.

I only have broadband so I put my official box on to see if I was getting a signal in another room.

You will get BBC1,BBC2 ITV and CH4 buts that's about it, but you will know the feed is live.

Have you got an old official box to hook up, that will also have your correct net id on it too ?

Last edited:
Bees

I think I cracked it. I followed your excellent guide "1. Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image" and I hadn't activated Virgin EPG

Thanks for your help. You're a star. If it wasn't for members like you we newbies would never get anywhere.

thanks, i now have a test line. i am following the FTP guide below but when i go to usr/keys there is no files in the folder. I have tried to create newcamd.list and mg_cfg files and then reboot the box, but when i go to softcam manager there is nothing there, i cannot see Mg 138 it just says Active: and Select: but nothing is there to select. Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 03:50 PM ----------

please help. i have been following guides on this forum. i have entered the mg_cfg and newcamd.list to the usr/keys folder. when i go to the softcam manager on the box nothing appears, i cannot select mgcamd138. if i put mg_cfg and newcamd.list in the softcam folder when i ftp to it then it appears in the softcam manager on the box, (but i think this is wrong), anyway when i select the mgcamd138 i get error "found none standard softcam" message. Im not sure what im doing wrong

Back