Virgin V6 box off eBay ?

kingtj

Hi,
Would I be able to use BBC iPlayer on a virgin v6 box brought on eBay ?
OR can nothing be used on it ?

How much is it, if you only want iPlayer why not just get a cheap Android box or FireStick and then you can use plenty of other apps as well.

Hi,
I have both, asking as iPlayer on this will be streaming world cup in 4k uhd.
My hisense TV is not supported.
And would be cheaper than buying a new TV.

Hi,
I have both, asking as iPlayer on this will be streaming world cup in 4k uhd.
My hisense TV is not supported.
And would be cheaper than buying a new TV.
As well as the TV, you will also need a fast enough internet connection. The BBC recommends people will need an internet connection of at least 40Mbit/s for the full 3840 pixel Ultra HD resolution, and recommends a wired connection rather than connecting over wi-fi. but you'll need the right TV - and it's first come, first served.
https://www.whathifi.com/advice/4k-bbc-iplayer-how-to-watch-world-cup-in-ultra-hd-iplayer

First thing i would do is check that the box can be assigned to another account etc because it may be like the superhub that cannot be reactivated on another account etc but im not 100% sure but worth checking so your not buying a doorstop :(y):

simple answer is NO. it would be assigned to an account, once account is off so is the box. plus it will be picked up on the wrong node as there is two way communications.

I know about NOT being able to use it as a TV freeview box.
All I wanted to know is if BBC iPlayer could be used.
I have the broadband for it, like I said its a cheaper option to buying a new TV.
Will just have to forget 4k world cup unless the V6 box can be used for BBC iPlayer.
Just asking that's all, was hoping someone might know.

The answer to your question is NO! The V^ can only be activated by VM plus you will have to register to use iplayer which means you need a VM activation. So, as said NO!
Reaper.

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble its just the way some things are and best to check because a lot of sellers on the bay dont tell you these things when selling items etc :(y):

I have a android box but its doubtful that BBC iPlayer on android will show the world cup in 4k.

Back