Virmin Box

Makkie

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a box for Virmin, I have looked at the forum's sponsor and there's a variety of boxes to choose from. Would anyone have any advice on which one to go for from their website? I am only looking for a basic box (nothing fancy just the simple HD etc), any recommendations please?

Thank you.

do you want to record one channel while watching another?
what sort of budget?

No, I don't want to record channels. Just simply turn TV on and watch haha.

I have a box that's in the bedroom and never bothered with the living room, but need one now.

Thanks.

zgemma h9t is probably a good bet then although I've never used one myself they appear to be popular. Or you could go for the H7c which I have used which has two cable tuners so you can record if you want to in the future and takes an internal hdd if you want one but it's twice the price.

check the for sale section, you might see one there and the seller may be able to put your required build onto it with whatever image you want to use.

check the for sale section, you might see one there and the seller may be able to put your required build onto it with whatever image you want to use.

I know how to install an image etc - I did that with the box I have but to be honest that was awhile ago. I'll check the sales section but to be honest, it's just that buying from an online shop - you know it's new etc.

h9.2h - same as h9t but you also get the added benefit of FTA if you have a dish..............

i would say go for Zgemma star H1 combo . old is gold. you can get it for £20 on ebay. and the buy line , beter than the new ones.

i would say go for Zgemma star H1 combo . old is gold. you can get it for £20 on ebay. and the buy line , beter than the new ones.
I wouldn't even consider these now, they're slow, very slow compared to the latest ones, can't use 1080 skins and more.

You could try the zgemma H5 combo box for £58 quid well worth the money on a budget as grog above said no point in buying old for extra £28 quid you have a new box/model

At the end of the day it all comes down to your budget, whatever amount of money you have to spend, if you want a new box then you are looking at £60 plus for a decent sat/cable box, new that is.

Was looking on WOS AND was thinking of getting one from there. Are the homeplugs they offer any good or am I best to get them separately

Back