Visual signal interference low power levels

I have never used powered splitters, I don't know much about them apart from what i've read on here - are you supposed to amplify a router feed?

If using multiple receivers with a low signal, remove all splitters and use a powered HDU splitter that will split all feeds to devices without any signal loss.
Introducing none powered splitters into this set up is not needed.

Have you had any experience of using powered splitters and using them to supply the feed to router? ... i'm interested to know if the VM HDU and others you've tried have caused problems with internet speed as has been reported on here recently.

Have you had any experience of using powered splitters and using them to supply the feed to router? ... i'm interested to know if the VM HDU and others you've tried have caused problems with internet speed as has been reported on here recently.
Yes, there designed for use within VM
I've come across a few of them and not experienced any issues.
I've personally tested one in my own house as I have 5 cable runs with one of them being 30 metres.
I actually managed to get all my feeds configured without the use of the HDU (but tested it) and sold it on to someone who needed it.

All the ones I've come across in situ work fine with any router on the cable from the powered HDU.
I would be amazed if anyone has issues using the correct powered HDU splitter in there home.
Issues arise from cable installations as people don't use the correct cable, splitters and buy what they think is a "booster"

If using multiple receivers with a low signal, remove all splitters and use a powered HDU splitter that will split all feeds to devices without any signal loss.
Introducing none powered splitters into this set up is not needed.
I've got the powered splitter from konig that was posted on here earlier, i tried setting it up today putting the VM feed from the wall in to the splitter then one to router and the other to box. I couldn't get the router to work when I did this .

Any one know how I can fix this please ?

I have tried a splitter for the vm feed then adding the amplifier after, but the signal i get still isn't good enough to get me all of the channels.

When you see all channels, do you mean you don't get sports channels etc? Have you checked net id is correct one?
My issue is i get pixelated on certain sports channels it comes and goes. I could watch it today & no issues but comes & goes

When you see all channels, do you mean you don't get sports channels etc? Have you checked net id is correct one?
My issue is i get pixelated on certain sports channels it comes and goes. I could watch it today & no issues but comes & goes
I do get the channels just not everything. Sky sports 2doesnt work, sky sports 1,2 and 5 HD wont work. I know BBC 1 doesnt work either but I'm mainly bothered about having the full sports set.
That could be a line issue ?

Again, sounds like a signal issue. These issues are normally with the Sky Sports channels.

The powered splitter should have fixed it but i have no experience with the Konig Splitters so can't say.

I believe the Konig ones have some dials on them to adjust, have you tried tweaking these

Again, sounds like a signal issue. These issues are normally with the Sky Sports channels.

The powered splitter should have fixed it but i have no experience with the Konig Splitters so can't say.

I believe the Konig ones have some dials on them to adjust, have you tried tweaking these
yeah i have tried this but the best i can do is get sky sports 2 to be very glitchy, this is why I wanted to try putting the amp before the splitter, but this affects the router as it doesnt pick up the live internet connection.

I do get the channels just not everything. Sky sports 2doesnt work, sky sports 1,2 and 5 HD wont work. I know BBC 1 doesnt work either but I'm mainly bothered about having the full sports set.
That could be a line issue ?

I'm the same only bothered about sports channels. Log into your router check power levels see what they are via downstream. If you're getting other paid channels and not the rest could be line but could be weak signal. Hopefully somebody on here will help you i'm in same situation to an extent. Hopefully somebody will give you some info & advice. I'm gonna get the technetix hdu 400 which got recommended by few people on here, will report back once up & running

for me the change in amp did the trick, i had tried the koenig KN-PROAMP31 previously and was having the issues as described. Thought the issue was me splitting a weak signal so bought the Koening KN-PROAMP32A to eliminate the splitter. i added this amp after a two way splitter for VM feed and its picking up everything. HD is glitchy a bit but so much better than previous. I didnt have to tweak the amp settings either. i use a technetix splitter and WF100 cable too.

for me the change in amp did the trick, i had tried the koenig KN-PROAMP31 previously and was having the issues as described. Thought the issue was me splitting a weak signal so bought the Koening KN-PROAMP32A to eliminate the splitter. i added this amp after a two way splitter for VM feed and its picking up everything. HD is glitchy a bit but so much better than previous. I didnt have to tweak the amp settings either. i use a technetix splitter and WF100 cable too.

Glad you've got it sorted and better then before. Try tweaking amp settings volumes higher or on full might stop the glitching on HD completely sports channels are main ones for me.

Quick update so i got the technetix 400 hdu powered splitter. Plugged it in got it all set up and looks to have resolved my issues with pixelation etc this morning channel 5hd was constantly playing up yet sports channels weren't strangely. I logged into my router to check power levels via downstream and they came down to the highest i could see was -5.5 before this i was getting towards -7.5 obviously still early days & will know more coming days. Only issue i do have is my wifi signal drops a bar then comes back since since using hdu splitter, anybody had this issue?

I have the Konig mentioned earlier in the post and it sorted out the glitches on my tv. My setup is vermin cable coming into living from white box to tratec splitter. One cable from splitter goes straight to router, other cabke from splitter goes to konig. Then output of konig goes to cable box. Just wack all the knobs up to max on the Konig. Do not go from konig to router as this sends all levels through the roof meaning really bad internet speeds. My channels were glitching every few seconds before I bought the Konig. You will need 1 tratec splitter, konig device and 3 lengths of wf100 just for 1 tv box or 4 lengths for 2 tv boxes.

Quick update so i got the technetix 400 hdu powered splitter. Plugged it in got it all set up and looks to have resolved my issues with pixelation etc this morning channel 5hd was constantly playing up yet sports channels weren't strangely. I logged into my router to check power levels via downstream and they came down to the highest i could see was -5.5 before this i was getting towards -7.5 obviously still early days & will know more coming days. Only issue i do have is my wifi signal drops a bar then comes back since since using hdu splitter, anybody had this issue?

Wifi will be unrelated to this as it's a completely different network all together.
If it's your broadband speed (verify using a wired connection) then maybe something related to your cabling etc. However if your wifi has dropped a bar then it won't be to do with the HDU. :)

As for Downstream power levels, the acceptable range is between around -6 and +10 so you're fine there.

Glad you got it sorted mate.

Last edited:
What cable are you using ?

Using a solid copper core cable makes a big difference when using cable services
WF100 is recommended

Back