Vix image question

What sources have you enabled in epg importer can you throw up a screenshot, and if you run providers script does it throw up any errors.

May also be worth getting a telnet connection to box with putty and running the command
opkg update && opkg install libc6 python-compression python-lzma to rule out any issue with the required components not being installed. Just watch the output to see if any components are missing

May also be worth getting a telnet connection to box with putty and running the command
opkg update && opkg install libc6 python-compression python-lzma to rule out any issue with the required components not being installed. Just watch the output to see if any components are missing
Here's the pic

Will try as you have suggested.
fb5af1c440b23e2db6b815b6783ea9fa.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Yours is a different service to mine but further down list do you have same sources in the new xz format as yours looks like it is trying to use the old gz sources which are being phased out. I also have enabled jenseneverset sly and vermin sources along with the (new) rytec general xmltv (xz version)

Last edited:
Ah ok was looking at bottom line of screenshot which appears to say end of life gz

Just to check
opkg update && opkg install libc6 python-compression python-lzma

Is this one full command?
Sorry, I don't really understand these bits. Just trying based on guidance available :-)

Yes m8 one command exactly as written it may tell you it is already installed or is installing. Hopefully it won't say failed to install which was the issue with the vix image. All you are asking it to do is to make sure latest files are available and install any of the files needed to unpack the new format epg download

I am going to try something on my box in a minute I have found an alternative epg importer and rytec sources file. I will uninstall my current one and try the new one and see if it works if so I will link you to it and that could be the next port of call

I got these ipk's from elsewhere and they are working for me.
Let me know if you need the links.

libc6_2.25-r0_all
liblzma5_5.2.3-r0_all
epgimporter-plugin-with-jenseneverest-source._1.4_all

I got these ipk's from elsewhere and they are working for me.
Let me know if you need the links.

libc6_2.25-r0_all
liblzma5_5.2.3-r0_all
epgimporter-plugin-with-jenseneverest-source._1.4_all
Yes please.specially the epgimport [emoji4]

Tried all these files bit no luck. My supplier is kindly helping out but we can't figure it out.
Epg imports around 48000 events but seems it should be around 70000. Tried both xz and gx formats but no difference.

Struggling to find a solution.

Yours seems to be a little different to the the other issues being reported regarding epg importer as you have tried all the fixes I know. Are you getting full epg for non iptv channels out of curiosity.

Yours seems to be a little different to the the other issues being reported regarding epg importer as you have tried all the fixes I know. Are you getting full epg for non iptv channels out of curiosity.
I Don't have any non IPTV channels.

I am pleased to say that finally after one more change, its all fine now. Full EPG available now.

Seems the EPG was not reading properly from rytec.channels.xz website. Supplier changed it to read from the box instead and placed the relevant file in the box. He will make necessary changes so that its fine in every download.

Thanks very much 1999gtv and Willo3092 for your kind help.

Finally good result m8, hopefully now you are on an updated image the support for your box will continue with Atv

Finally good result m8, hopefully now you are on an updated image the support for your box will continue with Atv
could I ask a quick question about atv image - how do I get the bouquet list ?
In vix it was with up arrow key but in atv it takes me the channel list in the bouquet.

Back