vix oscam

swampy47

has anyone installed oscam on vix as you cant download it with the plugins downloads

I have a zgemma H1 running an old vix image
and I'm trying to install oscam now to fix the sound bug on vm,

i managed to deleted the old vesion of AutoBouquetsMaker from the box and updated
to ABM 2.8 vesion , I copied the abm 2.8 from another box i have running openatv 6.1

now im trying to install oscam I'm bit confused on what oscam i need .

i cant find or dont know the write oscam ipk :)

I'm trying to keep the sucmnsee image alive :(y):

thanks for the download Willo , I installed oscam and see it in the softcam panel but willl not start up

it goes to start the cam all looks normal but doesnt say Active up the top nothing is written and the green button still says start , so it must not be running then

i used the same oscam config files from my openatv install that works ok , could their be a difference in files needed between them I dont no?

its vix 5.3 i have install on the zgemma H1

Have a look on my site, there's all the files for oscam on the utilities page.
Click the link in my signature.

thanks for the download Willo , I installed oscam and see it in the softcam panel but willl not start up

it goes to start the cam all looks normal but doesnt say Active up the top nothing is written and the green button still says start , so it must not be running then

i used the same oscam config files from my openatv install that works ok , could their be a difference in files needed between them I dont no?

its vix 5.3 i have install on the zgemma H1

Hi,
I have same issue, how did you resolve it swampy47 please

I didn't mate I couldnt get it working , At first I had trouble finding an oscam install that would start up and run) they installed ok but wouldnt go active , and when I did get it unning i still had the sound nav on channels.
I got the oscam files from vix website they are dated 2015 I cant remember which version I got running one of the files starting with 1 00 on the vix website , I couldnt get the 1 20 version running.

If any one gets a zgemma running on vix please help ,

The biggest reason i want to stay with vix is I can't get the fraggle skin to work on openatv 6.1 , it worked ok on openatv5.3 why not on 6,1 i dont know
if only someone could make fraggle sky skin work on 6.1 :)

Last edited:

I think the issue might be with the Fraggle skin. There were lots of problems a while back with skins bootlooping the box.
The new images crash if there is any problem with the code in the skin. Older images ignored the errors.

I didn't mate I couldnt get it working , At first I had trouble finding an oscam install that would start up and run) they installed ok but wouldnt go active , and when I did get it unning i still had the sound nav on channels.
I got the oscam files from vix website they are dated 2015 I cant remember which version I got running one of the files starting with 1 00 on the vix website , I couldnt get the 1 20 version running.

If any one gets a zgemma running on vix please help ,

The biggest reason i want to stay with vix is I can't get the fraggle skin to work on openatv 6.1 , it worked ok on openatv5.3 why not on 6,1 i dont know
It could be read only. Right click on the softcam in usr/softcams, go to properties(using Filezilla), and check it has read write permissions i.e. attributes 755. If not change to that, save and try activating now?

Last edited:
Back