vix playing mp4/mkv/avi/etc and plugin streaming needing reboot?

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Hi guys.
zgemma2s running vix 153 (but always had this problem).

Most of the time when I try to play any file not recorded by the box ( so downloads ftp'd over ) or stream in any plugin :

-the file looks like going to load but stays on 0:00 And black screen.
Or
-the stream shows buffering to 20-30% but then stays black screen And 0:00.

If I reboot it works fine for few hours.
recordings are not affected in same manner.

This happens to me on multiple versions. Not just 153.

I take it it is a cache or buffer full problem.

Can any of the :cheers: Guinnesses :) in here advise a possible fix plz?
Thanks in advance.

Ps I have made no deep changes to the image. No changes to any plugin settings or setup buffers/caches etc. And im on a 500gb hdd.

Last edited:
Yes mate - just try my ATV back up and you'll have none of these problems!!! lol Sorry Pal I couldn't resist but haven't a clue, it's a strange one alright.

Last edited:
Lol fecker. Thats it! ITS GOING ON IN 10 MINS! lol

Ok. What am I gonna need to know?
can I set cam same?
Have to use xmltv?
where do I go to set up hdd?
is there a swapfile?
once hdd is up will paths be automatic like mine or do I set each?
(Ps I'll prob get most of this from ur dl page. Let u know if im Stuck.)
(PPs u know um not gonna like it cause im a dinosaur and afraid of change? lol But will give it two days :) )

---------- Post Merged at 10:03 PM ----------

But my question still stands to any of the vix gurus out there (unofficial, of course :) )

having a read. looks like youve made it simple enough for me ;)
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/68472-mtpockets-openatv4-2-zgemma-star-2s-20150403-a.html

Last edited:
:grimacing: Don't go the dark side Sucmnsee lol - hopefully you're only dipping your toe in the water to test out the buffering issue :boxing:

oh one thing i did want to ask, is the drive file system the same?

if so can i leave off initialising disk, and use the vix hdd, with it just adding the fresh image files and overwriting where necessary?

or will i just set up to a spare usb in case?

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 PM ----------

:grimacing: Don't go the dark side Sucmnsee lol - hopefully you're only dipping your toe in the water to test out the buffering issue :boxing:

if you havnt heard from me in 2 days have a drink and ask Hiteck to posthumously make me a VIP will ya?
i may just expire as i dont know if my wee brain can handle the two types of images in such a small space....

---------- Post Merged at 10:49 PM ----------

ok. 30 mins and still red light and FLSH.
i extracted straight to usb tho so my bad probably.
fresh usb fresh download and do it right :)

poor fecker suicide by box lightning flash lol,does one need their bootloader loaded first then their image?notice on wos red icon again no feeds lol

Ok. Ive done a fresh download, extract, and copied to different usb. Im at 30 mins again but will give it 15 just in case. Again red and FLSH. Id think usb but showing flash so.........

only one bootloader so it aint that......

---------- Post Merged at 11:32 PM ----------

Nah aint that either. Its an atv image and feeds wouldnt affect flash.

Will try bootloader again as a long shot tho.

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 PM ----------

Ok. So flashed bootloader and let box continue to boot.
came up vix. Loaded all. Even cam is running. So nothing so far has changed image......

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 PM ----------

Third time lucky. I hope.........

3rd dl. 3rd fresh everything. Bootloader just done. Starting red and FLSH.

ps this is prob something dickie im doing and not a reflection of the download lol

---------- Post Merged on 06-04-2015 at 12:15 AM ----------

Ok cant think what. Gave it ages this time and still stucknon flash. Will give ur older image a go tomorrow or weds dude. Sorry couldnt figure it out.
vix flashed back in 6 mins so stumped as to why wouldnt flash. Apologies if ive done something wrong but let me know if u work it out :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 AM ----------

Fkit gonne try raw atv then urs see if works

any time i flash boxes i use a cruzer usb stick 8gb as you see it flashing so you see its doing something.

Raw required pressing power button on front to go from USB to FLSH. that didnt happen on urs so fingers crossed its a built in bloader thingy......

Loaded in two mins.......

Doing setup wizard just in case......

All went ahead and flashed raw atv but when I try urs again after still 40 mins and still FLSH. Sorry dude

Sucmnsee, at first I thought this was your way of getting your own back and having the craic with me!! I'll have a look today buddy and see whats up, sincere apologies for the couple of hours wasted...

Typical flash file was corrupt, will run back up again and test later, meanwhile download deleted :damn:sorry

Sucmnsee just a thought re your problem with vix - do you use the enhanced movie center plugin? Just wondering if this has it's own drivers??

No when playing in ts I assume its own player.

And in vix general its just mediplayer built in. So files list select.

Because of the way its happening. not on recordings but on files from the same disk, its stumped me. And on dls may not be connected.
but strange how reboot fixs both. Like its clearing a buffer/cache/ something to do with swapfile?

Ps is the player u mentioned available in vix or just atv?

also in ur flash instructions what happens if u skip part 5 and just do 6? Curiosity just.

It's a Pre-installed plugin in ATV, not sure if available/working for others.

If you skip 5 and do 6? You mean skip the channel scan? Channels could be wrong frequencies if any have changed so would lead to probs with ABM more so if changing tuner config.

BTW Backup tool not correctly creating images in ATV at the moment....grrr :hop mad:. Guess I should have tested, but has always worked in the past.

Can you by any chance remember what the backup tool was called that we discussed when you were struggling with the vix backups when the zgemma first came out? I can't remember or find it anywhere :(

Have you tried this with Vix? https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-CacheFlush just wondered if it would fix your little prob, not like the big headaches I have at the mo though is it!!!

Last edited:
Any idea when this will be sorted.

If you've read the above thread you'll understand the problem lies with the backup function in OpenATV is not working correctly at the moment. I'm doing my best to sort it as quickly as possible but if that's a problem for you, you could always create a similar image yourself with effort from scratch. Sorry if that sounds off but I'm doing this as a hobby to help out new users for which I get no financial reward - I'm sure you'll understand family and work have to come first. As soon as I get a working image I'll post here and let everyone know

Instead of backup manager is there an image manager. Vix has both but not sure of atv. Vix its open image manager and green for new image backup. Just creates root and kernel. But would be enough. Labels the rar atv in vix too so should work some way in atv.
backupsuite was what I used before but not working on vix zgemma. Again dont knkw on atv.
its in cloud dl section here.

---------- Post Merged at 08:38 PM ----------

http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=464

can't find open image manager in ATV, tried the download and it seems to install but backup still stays stuck on flash. Need another way to create the backup any ideas?

Back