Vixe2 project

Bangord sorry been away for a few days yes turning off auto record worked a dream and southsimon been on his site but cant get a Skype address for him must be something i have not done correctly

It looks like the guy has moved on can see his new software that he has done for some newer boxes with the new feeds but looks like he my have stopped updating older boxes like the venton i have

Geoff, I know the box is a bit dated now, but still works very well with that image? its probably just down to your experience with setup knowledge. I know you mentioned before about getting another cable tuner? have you thought about buying a new box? the zgemma H4 has 3 cable tuners and needs only 1 feed connected, approx. £65. may be a good alternative for you. up to date ready made image available also. hope this helps?

Last edited:
Thanks have a older zgemma but dont like the external hard drive just like it all in one and yes i could do with more experience hence being on here but it also seems that vixanthony has dropped support for older boxes as it has not been updated with the latest feeds also cant see where to contact him anymore on his web page

Venton unibox is still working great and regularly updated by vixe2 project. I am on build 008-blue+ and working a treat and thanks to southsimon for selling the box to me.

I don’t use rytec link. I use opentv to grab epg on sat via crossepg and epgrefresh to grab epg on cable side.

no file in there with etc/epgimport using firezilla and i know i did not mention but this is a cable box with a single tuner

Geoff disable epg import and use epg refresh.

Attachments

• IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
ola1664 thanks i to am on the latest version but on his website he seems to have mover on to 4.1 but not listed anything else for the 4.0 so assume there will be no more updates but may be wrong

Back