VM 100Mb Fibre - £19 per month

Really unfair tbh.

Existing customers as usual getting screwed over.

Brother is being ripped of by these theifs. Pure greed. £35 a month for 100mb which is total rip off. Funny VM say it's best deal they can give. Load of bull.

it's the best deal they can give to get new customers, it's very common.
they don't need to give it to existing customers, they've already got them donating cash every month.
The deal won't last and then they'll just be the same as everyone else.
In truth, they're not giving anything away, the costs to VM are the same if i'm on 56k dialup or 100mb broadband.
Just the same as if i phone my next door neighbour or my Auntie in Billabong Creek, what have I used up - does it take more electricity to ring Australia than it does to ring Glasgow?

I get every company does it to get new business but still doesn't make it right existing customers being taken for a ride.

They are all the same bunch of greedy fat corps. Profits profits profits. Pure capitalism.

Loyalty they all go on about. Load of crap.

you can get around it by packing it in and leaving VM completely, then rejoin as a new customer after a week.
They know this is a PITA and most people won't bother, but if everyone did, they'd soon change their tune

Really unfair tbh.

Existing customers as usual getting screwed over.

Brother is being ripped of by these theifs. Pure greed. £35 a month for 100mb which is total rip off. Funny VM say it's best deal they can give. Load of bull.

I fully agree with existing customers getting screwed over. I cancelled my vm contract cos of this. Got a call from vm account manager who said take out a new contract in the mrs name that way you get the price and deal you want, so this is exactly what we did !!

you can get around it by packing it in and leaving VM completely, then rejoin as a new customer after a week.
They know this is a PITA and most people won't bother, but if everyone did, they'd soon change their tune

Did tell him about that. But he said still has 9 months left with them so no way he gonna pay them penalty for getting out of contract.

Did even try telling them how much less others paying than him but their words "your on the best deal"

I fully agree with existing customers getting screwed over. I cancelled my vm contract cos of this. Got a call from vm account manager who said take out a new contract in the mrs name that way you get the price and deal you want, so this is exactly what we did !!

Im guessing you had to pay these theifs stupid amounts in penalties for cancelling contract?

no extra fees or penalties from my end as my 12 month contract came to end, so just served the 30 days notice after 11 months.

Virgin are also now offering 100mb Broadband, Phone and Full House TV bundle (including BT Sports 4k) for £45 a month. I appreciate that not eveyone wants to pay VM prices, but it may help someone.

no extra fees or penalties from my end as my 12 month contract came to end, so just served the 30 days notice after 11 months.

I believe he has 9 months left of contract. So if he cancels now will have to pay fortune to these theifs in penalties.

Has to wait it out to leave them.

Peeves me off they stated to him as in current contract can give new deal same as new customers.

I believe he has 9 months left of contract. So if he cancels now will have to pay fortune to these theifs in penalties.

Has to wait it out to leave them.

Peeves me off they stated to him as in current contract can give new deal same as new customers.
That's probably because either he has changed his services or they offered him a 'loyalty' discount which then starts a new 12 month contract, I've been with VM for 13 years but always threaten to leave after 12 months, normally get a few quid knocked off, not much. I think currently I'm getting (supposedly) a £9/month loyalty discount but that has tied me in for 12 months again.

That's probably because either he has changed his services or they offered him a 'loyalty' discount which then starts a new 12 month contract, I've been with VM for 13 years but always threaten to leave after 12 months, normally get a few quid knocked off, not much. I think currently I'm getting (supposedly) a £9/month loyalty discount but that has tied me in for 12 months again.

HE signed new deal with them late last year. No full tv, just 100mb broadband and basic line rental for £35.

This was well before this new £19 a month deal.

So he is screwed as he cant get out of the contract nor can he even get the deal new customers are as a new contract.

Problem is there's always deals, works for some not for others? in this case your Brother taking the hit. ask him to get in touch with vm and ask for free speedboost upgrade if he can? they might give him 200mb for what he's paying?

Back