VM Blocking Cable

paul1952

VM blocking, my internet kept dropping out 3 times a day sometimes it was ok for 5 days had a vm engineer come out to fix it, check my signal said it was ok. then I reconnected my box.
next day vm engineer phoned me and have you connected any devices to it because they notice a drop in the signal I said no, I am using my moble phone to decode box, it uses 1.25mb a hour to decode box I had no internet dropping out since.

not so sure you are being blocked, when VM tech department look at your router they will see how many devices are connected (wired & wifi) so the tech will often identify what a device is by its hostname (if you havnt changed it) so saying you haven't connected anything is only going to raise suspicion to the tech on the other end of the phone, fortunately, there isn't much he/she can do as even though they can tell that a device connected they are not permitted to investigate what the device is transmitting/receiving, they will usually ask you to remove any none VM equipment for the service to return to normal.

Since I have used my mobile phone to decode box I have not had any freezing like before using my broadband, thanks for your help

Back