1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VM C/S problems today!

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by wheelo, Aug 29, 2017.

1. ste

ste TK Veteran Forum Supporter

You insinuated you were being paid by saying "client" ... instead of making it sound like how it sounded to me, why not just say it's a family member / friend?

To be honest, nobody can help much with such poor information.

bees likes this.
  2. Damien26

Damien26 Registered

Barnaby I'm sure family friend thinks your a bad family member now?

ste likes this.
  3. BeakyFord

BeakyFord TK Veteran

@barnaby_95
    Please understand that by saying 'client' its reads as IF you are a reseller & therefore should be 100% on what you are doing, for this reason NO ONE here is going to help a reseller who doesnt know what they are doing because it will only mean 'clients' then come here asking for help because they were let down by a cowboy seller, this site promotes knowledge based information for enthusiats not a way for cowboys to make a quick buck!

Dont be offended by replies given by the way your post reads, IF you are simply looking for help have a read through the VM section as your issue will have been covered, If you do not find your answer start a new thread & provide enough info that we can use to guide you in the right direction.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    bees, wilsock, dave100 and 8 others like this.
  4. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

have you read post 186?

5. Kerry45

Kerry45 Registered

what was probem, I'm on virgin and used couple lines and freezes loads all time on music channels

6. joe516

joe516 Registered

music channels r freezes from me on 5 lines

7. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

The only music channel that freezes for me is MTV Rocks, the rest are fine.

Kerry45 likes this.
  8. joe516

joe516 Registered

yes m8.......... and h2 for me

9. Kerry45

Kerry45 Registered

Whats this update please? all my music channels are freezing less than every minute, and tried 2 diff lines

10. southsimon

southsimon TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Basically its saying that the suppliers who provide your line / sub need to do some updates for there customers. A bit like the way Microsoft send annoying windows updates to your pc to update.

11. Kerry45

Kerry45 Registered

oh ok

12. SkipDonoghue

SkipDonoghue Registered

I'm still getting glitching and freezing on the likes of History 2...talking pictures the lesser channels if you like....done the old box and router reboot still no better
    All Sly sports and movies and BT etc fine
    Is there a reason for the glitching freezing etc on lesser channels?

13. southsimon

As my reply above, it`s prob down to who`s providing your line. different server, different systems, different setups ?????

Kerry45 likes this.
  14. SkipDonoghue

SkipDonoghue Registered

So are you saying the premium channels (sly channels) are on a different server than the lesser channels (history etc)?
    That my line provider is sourcing the channels from?

15. bees

bees VIP Member

Depends on their set up, you may have a mix of "locals" for popular
    channels and "shares" for lesser channels, that make up the whole package.

bangord30, SkipDonoghue and ianw314 like this.
  16. SkipDonoghue

SkipDonoghue Registered

I think that could be it as Sly channels etc are pretty rock solid...thanks for reply it won't do my head in as much now I have an idea why it's happening I always thinks it My set up

17. marconi_pete

marconi_pete Registered

Was getting slightly more glitching and freezing than i usually experience this morning. Was definitely getting network issues with my virmin router. All seems to be back to normal this evening though so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. AdrianTur

AdrianTur Registered

Very useful info on this thread with all useful tips duly noted. Just to clarify if I have freezing issues (image&sound freezes for 5-10 seconds) every 2-3 minutes on some channels in entertainment bouquet (e.g. W HD, W, Alibi HD, Dave etc.) but not BBC 1 HD or ITV HD or the sports channels, does this mean my line is at fault(provider's server)?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  19. southsimon

gravehead and AdrianTur like this.
  20. Artfull Bodger

Artfull Bodger Forum Supporter

Unfortunatly it seems common for the " lesser " channels to do this . Which is a pain I know because a lot of my favorite programms are on said channels, but for what your paying can you really complain..

AdrianTur likes this.