VM coming to an end

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just need to enjoy it while we still have it, at the end of the day if it goes it goes. Even if we get a few years of SD I’ll be happy for what I pay. HD is nice to have but it’s not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People just need to enjoy it while we still have it, at the end of the day if it goes it goes. Even if we get a few years of SD I’ll be happy for what I pay. HD is nice to have but it’s not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't all boxes to be swapped out?

Customers who do not replace their older set top box(es) will lose service on this equipment from a date which we will communicate in advance via letter.

Eligible existing customers whom we have written to are now able to replace their older Virgin TV set top box, or boxes, for a new Virgin TV V6 box, or boxes, for no extra cost (usually £0-£49.95 plus £20 activation fee). Customers who are not able to receive a Virgin TV V6 box due to their home setup will be given a TiVo® replacement as an alternative. Customers who do not replace their older set top box(es) will lose service on this equipment from a date which we will communicate in advance via letter. Customers who are paying for Sky Sports channels in HD do not replace their older set top box(es) by 31st January 2018 will no longer be able to receive Sky Sports channels in HD on their older box(es) after this date.

So even if they cripple all HD channels, will SD ones still be available until everyone has a cardless V6?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

So even if they cripple all HD channels, will SD ones still be available until everyone has a cardless V6?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
They'll end up rolling it across everyone eventually... (probably) until then I guess so. But then after that, you'll get no encrypted channels

*TiVo is also cardless

they are slowly giving customers these newer boxes, my dad told me the other day that some virgin guy showed up on his door step and gave him some spiel about how hes been a good customer all these years so hes getting a free newer box, we laughed together when he told me this as we knew its a load of bullshit.

Yeah virmin know legally they cant force anyone to upgrade to new equiptment but when they change the system they know people will have no choice to be able to view so its just a matter of time and how much their willing to spend to recover old equiptment but the only person it will cost in the long run is the average joe who has to pay to view

Does this apply even if you have the zGemma H2H? Will i be loosing HD Sports channels come Jan 2018?

Yes, its highly likely that you will lose the sports hd package if all the talk is true, but you've just paid £90 for a FTA receiver so you know the risks....

Yes, its highly likely that you will lose the sports hd package if all the talk is true, but you've just paid £90 for a FTA receiver so you know the risks....
Yeah, true. If I can get a year of the SD channels then I can live with that, will jump on to a Sky package there on after.

Yeah, true. If I can get a year of the SD channels then I can live with that, will jump on to a Sky package there on after.

Eventually they will get round to it, the best kept secret is well and truly fecked now, that's why sky went dark and vm are trying to follow suit..On a more positive note they have tried messing with the system over the last few months and those clever techy build people have overcome them.
I have said it for going on 8-9 years, everyday is a bonus!

Eventually they will get round to it, the best kept secret is well and truly fecked now, that's why sky went dark and vm are trying to follow suit..On a more positive note they have tried messing with the system over the last few months and those clever techy build people have overcome them.
I have said it for going on 8-9 years, everyday is a bonus!
Yes this is very true BUT... thanks to certain people on certain forums over the last ten or so years there are lots of peeps who have paid a very small fraction of even one years subs for the very top end packages (sports , movies etc etc etc ) Even if I add up all the different set top boxes Ive had to buy over the years it doesn't even start to come close to what it would have cost me for genuine subs , so when it goes (because it will ) there will be people on here and else where working on the next work round . so put some of the money your saving thanks to the certain people on certain forums in a jar to save up for your next box (maybe even pay for a little yellow box under your name )

Well said mr bodger a lot of people have saved an obscene amount of money compared to a genuine package which to be honest at todays prices is absolutly frightening to say the least and if everyone had a little yellow box under their names it would certainly help the high end personnel with their progress in our great hobby etc ive not been in this very long compared to a lot on here but its probably the best forum bar none that i have joined and gladly contributed a bit back for all the hard work in the know do etc long live the kings of tech is my motto of the day and my only regret is i didnt find this forum earlier :(y):;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back