VM en-route, need info and advice.

spats

As says in title.

Got fibre to the pavement only, don't know what happens next regarding connection wise.....never had cable.

I have the H2s installed no go area now with sly, so got IPTV on at the moment, got bb 78/20 can max my line out downloading, been reading this forum to catch up and find out what to do, leave or stay lol.

1 What box to go for if I go with cable then I can get add a line.

2 my PC is upstairs I use power lines to hook up h2s plus my android box to TV, will VM tech run cable from pavement to living room and run cable upstairs outside the property to connect modem.

Other Q's I have forgot...

TIA guys

i just moved over to virgin

when the guys showed up to install they said they will put the hub where i wanted it
i was happy enough with the front of the house

they said only a massive house will have problem
i do get some weakness towards the back

ask for some extra cable, thats what i did, then you can move it they gave me around 10meters of cable

the box is only around the corner from me and im the third person on the street to get it in
they placed me middle of the box and put a 15bd(?) thing on my line to clean it up or something

but i got the 200mb and i get max 218/11
but happy enough with it

box
the h4 is a nice wee box, the triple tuner is nice on it, but not the fastest
or the h7 at the other end of the zgemma scale
i have both

Personally I would get them to put the router downstairs and connect to pc with homeplugs or wifi and hardwire your box to the router.

As @silver has said the H4 has a triple cable tuner and is about £76, or there is the zgemma H52tc for about £88 which has a single sat tuner (for freesat or remaining channels) and a twin cable tuner and is a faster box. both boxes only require one virgin cable going in. You could also push the boat out and go for the Zgemma H7C for about £139, a lot faster than the h4 and like the H52tc has a single sat tuner and twin cable tuners, this would need to cable feeds going into the back. It is also 4k ready and you can install Kodi.

Also remember you can then use the H2S in another room as a multiroom piggy backing off the cable box as long as there is a free tuner available.

i have the hub in the living rooom
tv,zgemma h7 and powerling in the hub

then on the powerlines i have mac, h4

all runs grand

See what your saying grog68

PC and wireless answer phone upstairs all other phones around house, misses doesn't want router etc in living room hence the reason for outside cabling.

Can use projector in same room as PC and use as a TV or monitor , so no multi room boxes needed.

So its a cable sat box that I'm unsure what to get lol

Hope it makes sence guys

Thanks

See what your saying grog68

PC and wireless answer phone upstairs all other phones around house, misses doesn't want router etc in living room hence the reason for outside cabling.

Can use projector in same room as PC and use as a TV or monitor , so no multi room boxes needed.

So its a cable sat box that I'm unsure what to get lol

Hope it makes sence guys

Thanks

depends a lot on your budget and priority,
for twin cable and one sat, the zgemma H5.2tc was one of my considerations,
but,
I went for a Formuler F1 as I preferred twin sat and single cable
both around the £90 mark

if you do a lot of recording the H7C can take an internal hard drive, the H5.2tc and H4 can't.

specs on paper the F1 is a LOT better than the H5
but, the F1 has twin sat, as opposed to the H5 having twin cable

Already got twin motorised sat so would keep it, really don't think I would need dual cable.......so it would be twin sat single cable box guys.....sorted

Which one tho, not two expensive dunno how long VM will last with the lines.

Cheers

@grog68 don't do a lot of recording, got 1tb drive connected hardly used it lol

Already got twin motorised sat so would keep it, really don't think I would need dual cable.......so it would be twin sat single cable box guys.....sorted

Which one tho, not two expensive dunno how long VM will last with the lines.

Cheers

thats why I went for the F1 bud,
I have a fixed multi LNB and a motorised waiting to be fitted,
and 1 cable for the mrs keeps her happy, :)
so I can record off the fixed dish, and motorised, and watch something else on cable, or some other combination

thats why I went for the F1 bud,
I have a fixed multi LNB and a motorised waiting to be fitted,
and 1 cable for the mrs keeps her happy, :)
so I can record off the fixed dish, and motorised, and watch something else on cable, or some other combination

Thanks steptoe,
,will look at the spec on the F1 and price.

Don't really know how long VM takes to connect me up.

Thanks steptoe,
,will look at the spec on the F1 and price.

I only got mine last week
£95 delivered, including the extra cable tuner,
I just run plain OpenVix on my two boxes, the other is a twin sat Edision OSmini, and the F1 is a much much better box for the price,
way better specs than any of the other boxes in similar price bracket.

Thanks a lot guys for your input much appreciated.

Just need to know when VM starts to connect to the houses.

@steptoe ordered F1 thanks mate.

Got vix on it never used vix so will be picking your brains mate on setting it up lol

Also don't think cable will be up and running till January so will just be using it for sat, and IPTV.

Cheers

@steptoe ordered F1 thanks mate.

Got vix on it never used vix so will be picking your brains mate on setting it up lol

Also don't think cable will be up and running till January so will just be using it for sat, and IPTV.

Cheers

its a great box @spats
I'm very impressed with it,
Vix is plain and simple to use, for me anyway, I dont really need any flashy bells and whistles, :)
@bees has done a very good guide here http://www.techkings.org/threads/guide-how-to-set-up-an-e2-combo-box-with-vix-image.65283/
obviously if you have no cable yet just set tuner C as nothing connected

its a great box @spats
I'm very impressed with it,
Vix is plain and simple to use, for me anyway, I dont really need any flashy bells and whistles, :)
@bees has done a very good guide here http://www.techkings.org/threads/guide-how-to-set-up-an-e2-combo-box-with-vix-image.65283/
obviously if you have no cable yet just set tuner C as nothing connected

Cheers mate for the link, will have a read when I get the box, probably Tuesday now as i ordered it just after 3 today.

Back