VM Frequency Changes for ABM

Hi Guys

big topic at the moment and will only affect more and more of us. Now im on NETID 40975 and like other the Frequency has changed and i can no longer scan channels via ABM.

I have a TIVO box so i can get the diagnostics page up with all the required info i just need to know what info i need from the box and then what info i need to change on the ABM config files. im assuming i just update the cable_UK_virgin.xml file. but im not 100% certain so want to be sure before i fluf it up.

Ill share any info so ABM can apply the fix there end, this will be a fix for 40975, 40976, 40977 & 40978 as all same frequency.

then if there are others with frequency changes that are not fixed for others as yet then perhaps this thread can be used too list the changes here so they can be picked up.

Hi,
I need a north London NETID. currently all posts show 40985 which works fine when auto scanning tuner b but when I scan the ABM for buquets, it says tune failed, make sure you are allowed to receive this service.
I saw in another thread Finchley (where i live) net id 41069 but in ABM it shows that code is for Lewisham and when I use it, most channels work fine but i notice a few don's (e.g BT SPORT 2, BT SPORT 3, SKY SPORTS PL and other non-sports channels )
http://www.techkings.org/threads/cable-netids.65862/
Can anyone help?

ABM are slowly going though the net id,s you can see the changes here
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commits/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commits/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
Thanks @dsayers2014 but no info regarding 40985 net id. Maybe I should ask the question differently. The issue I am having with the channels not working, is it because of the netid issue? Or is it from the ABM? Someone was saying the ABM needs an update on some zgemma boxes. I use wooshbuild v7 which is amazing and I updated ABM through the menu, even config file update. Anyone else having issues with some channels like BT SPORT 2 and 3 or some SKY SPORTS PL ....?

Thanks @dsayers2014 but no info regarding 40985 net id. Maybe I should ask the question differently. The issue I am having with the channels not working, is it because of the netid issue? Or is it from the ABM? Someone was saying the ABM needs an update on some zgemma boxes. I use wooshbuild v7 which is amazing and I updated ABM through the menu, even config file update. Anyone else having issues with some channels like BT SPORT 2 and 3 or some SKY SPORTS PL ....?

If Auto scan works fine on 40985 but not on ABM then its likely a frequency issue. Do BT Sport 2 and 3 work with auto scan on 40985?

If Auto scan works fine on 40985 but not on ABM then its likely a frequency issue. Do BT Sport 2 and 3 work with auto scan on 40985?
So I was never able to make them work. I tried looking for them after the auto scan when all channels are all over the place and without a name but I believe I managed to find BT sport 3 HD but still wasn't working... You think these channels should work after auto scan but somehow the wrong frequency is assigned because of the net id?
I just have a feeling this net id for North london - 40985 is the issue both in tuner configuration and ABM(which already gives the tune failed).

I am in Belfast and i had to re scan the bt sport channels and a few others, lost my sky sports mix hd though, re scanned and got another 2 versions , but the signal strength is poor compared to the way it was previously, i also cant get my epg to work on a few sport channels either, no matter what i try

I am in Belfast and i had to re scan the bt sport channels and a few others, lost my sky sports mix hd though, re scanned and got another 2 versions , but the signal strength is poor compared to the way it was previously, i also cant get my epg to work on a few sport channels either, no matter what i try

I'm near Belfast, all is working as is. Signal strength great. Well I'm only the third person on the street with it mind

Also have a power splitter

yeah maybe try a power splitter, thing is all my cable channels are and have always been at 73 per cent signal, now a few have dropped to 53, plus i cant get sky sports mix sd at all any more, even after re scanning.

@AdrianTur Tune Fail message is usually a configuration problem, or a coax cable connection problem.

It's not usually related to Net Id, unless maybe you are using the wrong Symbol Rate.

Have you got a sat tuner on your box which should be set to "not configured" and is your Symbol Rate correct ?

@AdrianTur Tune Fail message is usually a configuration problem, or a coax cable connection problem.

It's not usually related to Net Id, unless maybe you are using the wrong Symbol Rate.

Have you got a sat tuner on your box which should be set to "not configured" and is your Symbol Rate correct ?
Hi @bees. I have Tuner A (satellite) set to not configured. I only use cable although I have a sat cable going in the satellite tuner as well as I tested the box prior to having my VM cable installed. I imagine the coax cable connection would have meant not receiving any channel. I do get more than 80-90% of channels. How do I know the Symbol rate is wrong or right? Cheers

In ABM "providers" make sure you only have VM UK selected
and that Sky UK isn't active in your providers list.

Or set the tuner configuration to 28.2E / Simple, if it has a coax cable going in to the sat tuner and let
ABM scan for channels, that way you get FTA.

Delete all previous bouquets before you re-scan.

So if you get tune failed how come you are getting 80/90 % channels on cable ?

I can only assume it's the sat tuner that's causing the error to be thrown up.

"No sid in pat" error is usually an ABM / Net Id error

Symbol Rate 6887 or 6952

Last edited:

Or set the tuner configuration to 28.2E / Simple, if it has a coax cable going in to the sat tuner and let

It can only assume it's the sat tuner that's causing the error to be thrown up.

Symbol Rate 6887 or 6952
Apologies, i wasn't very explicit with my issue. Firstly I will answer your message: Tuner A(satellite) is turned off (not configured). In ABM providers I solely select VM UK and everything else is off including SKY. The Tune failed meesage in ABM comes when I try a scan now with net id 40985 - Haringey as it is set in Tuner B configuration. The 80-90% channels I get is because I currently use 41069 - Lewisham in the ABM.
Not sure what the No sid in pat error is as I don't get that error.
Lastly, @bees how do I check if symbol rate is one of the two you wrote? Thanks again for all you help

It can only assume it's the sat tuner that's causing the error to be thrown up.

Symbol Rate 6887 or 6952

If you look through some of the threads a few are getting tune failed tuner b etc check tuner config thats on there cable tuners, ABM are changing frequencies in some areas when they get logs. So far 40982, 40987 and 40988 have changed.

Code:
Thanks for this, thats great. What freq do i use from the TIVO though, at least then i can get mine going and supply the Freq should they need it at abm

Back