VM going cardless

Virgin don't have the same problem that Sky had .. 95% of those using VM are paying at least for the Basic package or their BB connection so not really in there interest .. ie loose present clients IMHO.

I would agree that its always been sky that looses out the most, however I think they would be able to withhold service from Virgin if their system is not secured once they have their own hose in order. I think this is real, just spent over 300 on new twin tuner cable boxes too

i;m pretty sure VM is already seeing an increase of new Subs from previous sky guys using our present Boxes so i think your £300 is still a pretty decent investment Lol.

Hope you are right but a change to card less would mean that the box would need to be hacked to have any chance of replicating. And when you remove the card from your sub box and find out it does nothing I tend to believe the story that we could well be in trouble in June. Stiil ot 15000 plus channels on Multi Sat to keep me going but kind of got used to being spoon fed by Sky / Virgin. Survived without it before, its all there on Sat, its just a case of finding it

I done my sisters vm box at the weekend and it was card less
When you say done what do you mean as I have lots of friends looking to switch to virgin but reading this thread I'm not sure weather to do so maybe IPTV is now the option need some reassurance

When you say done what do you mean as I have lots of friends looking to switch to virgin but reading this thread I'm not sure weather to do so maybe IPTV is now the option need some reassurance

If your so worried about cable going off then i wouldn't switch to iptv either as most of the iptv servers are using a combo of sly and vm streams only a handfull of iptv servers use there own streams and they not that cheap (well compared to a sly or vm they are) compared to some you see offered.

but to be honest cable still has a while left to go still lots of v hd boxes out there even still loads of even older boxes.

You need to do some research before going down the iptv route
As 4th gen says they almost all use virgin / sky , where else do they get the feeds from mars

Short term things will be fine.

The next 12 months is when the effects will be seen.

I'm currently researching IPTV and finding providers with their own streams is hard work.

I hear some IPTV guys use Sly Go for thier streams. I cant see that ever stopping if that's the case. Sly are going down the IPTV route soon anyway when they do away with the need for a dish.

Therefore I feel IPTV is the way forward. Long term, just finding a reliable bugger is the bitch.

Back