VM HD Skin V1.5 Skin

https://db.tt/XxzRxjMJ here you go all buttons edited if you already have the skin installed uninstallit from plugins then ftp this one to tmp then install by ipk intall

---------- Post Merged at 03:46 PM ----------

edit that wont work if you already have the skin installed just ftp the converter files ive deleted the skin from usr/share/enigma2 but when i try to install im getting a load of errors saying debris of the skins still there and its clashing with the converter files it could be a case of changing the version number but I'll leave that to chabs it's his skin

Last edited:
So just to be clear, can I uninstall the skin from my zgemma box and then FTP your IPK file to usr/share/enigma2 or are you saying that won't work?

I've tried it but it wouldn't work you could try because you haven't already added the converter files you need to ftp the ipk to tmp then install from ipk install

I've tried it but it wouldn't work you could try because you haven't already added the converter files you need to ftp the ipk to tmp then install from ipk install

When I first tried it, I got the same errors that you did but I deleted the previous 3 converter files from /lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter and that did the trick.

Would it be possible to upload your modified skin.xml for the button config? If not, I'll have a go myself. It's just me being lazy.

it should be in the ipk file or didnt you use it? if not ill pm you it tomorrow im sure chabs doesnt want loads of links in his thread when he baybe doing an update

sorry i thought i included them here you go
https://db.tt/KmYqzHbs

above ipk updated with buttons

Last edited:
Thanks DS. The buttons show the correct colours now but not the actions I'm afraid. Don't worry about it though. I've got used to the previous button actions so it's no big deal. Thanks for your efforts though and thanks to Chabs for a great skin. :cheers:

it should be in the ipk file or didnt you use it? if not ill pm you it tomorrow im sure chabs doesnt want loads of links in his thread when he baybe doing an update

sorry i thought i included them here you go
https://db.tt/KmYqzHbs

above ipk updated with buttons

Thanks DS. The buttons show the correct colours now but not the actions I'm afraid. Don't worry about it though. I've got used to the previous button actions so it's no big deal. Thanks for your efforts though and thanks to Chabs for a great skin. :cheers:

VM2 HD Skin V1.3 (Purple Version)

Can any one tell me how to alter the size of the programme description on this screen?

vm1.5_zpshef74ndn.jpg

My text is really small and hard to read - much smaller than the one illustrated. Thanks

Chabs will be your man for this. By default I don't think any of the menu options let you on any skin but there will no doubt be a way to alter an XML file via Notepad++, The change however may give a headache to other parts of the skin! :)

Sorry that was my edits I'll see if I can sort you the original size out

---------- Post Merged at 01:26 AM ----------

Can you also take a screen shot of your epg page with you saying that the actions were wrong have you used the epgselection.py from kiddacs Dropbox account because that's what I have on mine and they change the actions of the buttons.

i've updated the link on post 87 with a bolder font if you want to change it use xml wrench click search then find and paste <widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="47,119" size="847,145" font="Bold; 22 and change Bold; 22 to what you want. that was originally Regular; 22 maybe try Regular 24.

if you want to change the now and next description for the now description search source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="672,303" size="604,170" font="Regular; 22" and the next description source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="671,513" size="604,170" font="Regular; 22" again change Regular; 22 to what you want.

if you want to change the description of the buttons on epg search
<eLabel name="new eLabel" position="713,642" size="130,34" text="previous day" font="Regular; 20" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" foregroundColor="grey" /> and change previous day to what you want then beneve that you will see the text for each button.

Last edited:
ok sorry about this lads but im a complete noob to these boxs iv Downloaded the attached ipk file and ftp and added it to my /tmp of your reciever but how do i do the bottom part is it with the box or file zilla and how do i getr it up on the box thanks

Installation:

Telnet command

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

You can install it on box no need for talnet

OpenATV
Menu... setup... software management... install local extension
memory/tmp
Press ok on the package
press green to install.

OpenVIX
Menu > setup > VIX > Iplkg install
memory/tmp
Press ok on the package
press green to install.

Once it has installed you need to set it as your skin.
(OpenATV)*Menu... setup... Usage & GUI... skin setup.
(OpenVIX)*Menu...setup...System...user interface...skin setup

i've updated the link on post 87 with a bolder font if you want to change it use xml wrench click search then find and paste <widget source="ServiceEvent" render="Label" position="47,119" size="847,145" font="Bold; 22 and change Bold; 22 to what you want. that was originally Regular; 22 maybe try Regular 24.

Thanks DS. That's sorted it. :encouragement:

hi chaps do you know how to add epg tabs i have someone asking for them that's using my backup http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/90621-dsayers2014-vix3-2037-h2h-one-set-bouquets.html post 12 i've had a look at one of kiddacs older skins but im not sure how it would work with yours

epg tabs.jpg

<!-- epg tabs -->

<screen name="Template1-bgs-GraphicalEPGPIG2">
<panel name="main-bg" />
<ePixmap pixmap="mybackgrounds/split-panel-tabs.png" position="60,267" size="1158,211" alphatest="blend" backgroundColor="transparent" zPosition="0" />
</screen>

<screen name="Template1-bgs-GraphicalEPG2">
<panel name="main-bg" />
<ePixmap pixmap="mybackgrounds/split-panel-tabs.png" position="60,93" size="1158,211" alphatest="blend" backgroundColor="transparent" zPosition="0" />
</screen>

<screen name="EPGPIGBouquetName2">
<widget source="Title" render="Label" position="90,267" size="250,35" font="skybold;26" valign="center" transparent="1" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="titleshadow" zPosition="1" />
</screen>

<screen name="EPGBouquetName2">
<widget source="Title" render="Label" position="90,93" size="250,35" font="skybold;26" valign="center" transparent="1" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="titleshadow" zPosition="1" />
</screen>

if you dont want to do this i fully understand. i still have access to split-panel-tabs.png

Last edited:
hi chaps do you know how to add epg tabs i have someone asking for them that's using my backup http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/90621-dsayers2014-vix3-2037-h2h-one-set-bouquets.html post 12 i've had a look at one of kiddacs older skins but im not sure how it would work with yours

View attachment 16833

<!-- epg tabs -->

<screen name="Template1-bgs-GraphicalEPGPIG2">
<panel name="main-bg" />
<ePixmap pixmap="mybackgrounds/split-panel-tabs.png" position="60,267" size="1158,211" alphatest="blend" backgroundColor="transparent" zPosition="0" />
</screen>

<screen name="Template1-bgs-GraphicalEPG2">
<panel name="main-bg" />
<ePixmap pixmap="mybackgrounds/split-panel-tabs.png" position="60,93" size="1158,211" alphatest="blend" backgroundColor="transparent" zPosition="0" />
</screen>

<screen name="EPGPIGBouquetName2">
<widget source="Title" render="Label" position="90,267" size="250,35" font="skybold;26" valign="center" transparent="1" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="titleshadow" zPosition="1" />
</screen>

<screen name="EPGBouquetName2">
<widget source="Title" render="Label" position="90,93" size="250,35" font="skybold;26" valign="center" transparent="1" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="titleshadow" zPosition="1" />
</screen>

if you dont want to do this i fully understand. i still have access to split-panel-tabs.png
I can easily include the coding but where do you want it placed as the tivo layout is different from sky. The epg tabs are there to make sure the sky skins look exactly as the original sky.

Let me know where you nid them placed and i will send u the code later...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I posted a reply to this, this afternoon, it mustn't have posted.

in slyk it in epglist.xml

<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG2">
<panel name="Template1-picon" />
<panel name="Home" />
<panel name="Template1-bgs-GraphicalEPGPIG2" />
<panel name="EPGPIGProgramNowStartTime" />
<panel name="EPGPIGProgramNowName" />
<panel name="EPGPIGProgramNowDescription" />
<panel name="EPGPIGTVGuideText" />
<panel name="EPGPIGBouquetName2" />
<widget name="guidebouquetlist" position="350,267" size="797,35" font="skymed;25" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="skydarkblue" valign="center" noWrap="1" halign="left" transparent="1" zPosition="1" />
<widget name="timeline_text" position="101,307" size="1078,30" TimelineFont="skymed;18" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColour="skytitlebackground" borderWidth="0" transparent="1" zPosition="2" />
<widget name="timeline_now" position="101,327" zPosition="3" size="15,294" pixmap="epg/timeline-now-pig.png" alphatest="blend" />
<widget name="list" position="101,333" size="1078,288" ServiceFontGraphical="skymed;25" EntryFontGraphical="skymed;25" ServiceForegroundColor="white" ServiceForegroundColorNow="skygold" ServiceBackgroundColor="skylightrow" ServiceBackgroundColorNow="skylightrow" EntryForegroundColor="white" EntryForegroundColorSelected="skydarkblue" EntryBackgroundColor="skydarkblue" EntryBackgroundColorSelected="skygold" EntryBackgroundColorNow="skylightrow" EntryBackgroundColorNowSelected="skygold" EntryForegroundColorNow="white" EntryForegroundColorNowSelected="skydarkblue" ServiceBorderColor="backgroundbot" ServiceBorderWidth="2" ServiceNamePadding="18" EntryBorderColor="backgroundbot" EventBorderWidth="2" EventNamePadding="8" RecordForegroundColor="white" RecordForegroundColorSelected="skydarkblue" RecordBackgroundColor="red" RecordBackgroundColorSelected="skygold" ZapForegroundColor="white" ZapBackgroundColor="zapgreen" ZapForegroundColorSelected="skydarkblue" ZapBackgroundColorSelected="skygold" NumberOfRows="8" EntryFontWrap="no" zPosition="1" transparent="0" />
<widget name="bouquetlist" position="101,333" size="1078,288" font="skymed;25" itemHeight="36" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="skydarkblue" backgroundColorSelected="skygold" foregroundColorSelected="skydarkblue" transparent="0" borderWidth="2" borderColor="backgroundbot" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" zPosition="4" />
<panel name="Buttons" />
<panel name="SelectToViewOrRecord" />
<panel name="InfoButton" />
<panel name="MenuButton" />
</screen>

but you would need an alternative background graphic to accommodate this widget.

Back