VM HD Skin

Am I using telnet in putty, by copying and paste
/usr/script/ChabsScrape.sh

Hi. yes, you can run telnet in putty. you will also need to ensure that you have permission to execute the 2 sh files else you will get permission denied like below.

i had to go into the file & change the security permission to full control to run the files.

login as: root
root@192.168.1.109's password:
root@FREESAT:~# /usr/script/ChabsScrape.sh
-sh: /usr/script/ChabsScrape.sh: Permission denied
root@FREESAT:~# /usr/script/ChabsScrape.sh
Scraping Sky Coming-soon... -> new.txt OK
Scraping DVD Chart... -> store.txt OK
Scraping Sky New Premieres... -> premieres.txt OK
Scraping Sky Living... -> living.txt OK
Scraping Sky One... -> one.txt OK
Scraping Sky Atlantic... -> atlantic.txt OK
Scraping Sky Cinema... -> cinema.txt OK
Scraping Sky Sports Football... -> sports.txt OK
root@FREESAT:~# /usr/script/VMPicks.sh
Image 1 updating from random entry in new.txt
Image 2 updating from random entry in premieres.txt
Image 3 updating from random entry in atlantic.txt
Image 5 updating from random entry in living.txt
root@FREESAT:~#

Regards

Thanks for reply.
Where do I get permission from to execute the 2 sh files.
How do I go into the file & change the security permission to full control to run the files.

have a read up on chmod 777. if you have access to the files from my computer you can also change the security settings by right clicking and selecting properties, then security permissions.

Really noob question how do I know what image I'm running ...do I need to back up my line or will this just overwrite old skin but still keep all the settings the same I don't wanna mess my box up as it runs really smooth.

Last edited:
Really noob question how do I know what image I'm running ...do I need to back up my line or will this just overwrite old skin but still keep all the settings the same I don't wanna mess my box up as it runs really smooth.

Adding a new skin will not mess up the settings. you dont need to overwrite the old skin, you will simply add a new skin & then activate the new skin. The old skin will remain, so you can always go back to it if you prefer.

hi i have installed the skin and all menus apart from the EPG have gone to the correct look any ideas how to get the epg to change too (openatv 6.0)

Hi Chabs, I've been running your vm skin on vix 5.0(cable setup) for a couple of weeks and only thing I've noticed which isn't a big deal is that when watching a recording and you fast forward there isn't any information on the info bar i.e ffwd speed etc. No great shakes mate just letting you know.

Last edited:
The files have been included when you installed the skin...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hi Chabs, just downloaded and installed - Luv it :(y):
You said earlier the 2 scripts are in the download - but they are not - just the ipk
One other thing when you Mute the sound - Im sure the muted icon showed all the time - currently goes off after a second or so! o_O

hello all,

Can this skin be used if you have a sky sub/gift? would all the channels work ok, display ok, record fine? Any issues?

Hi Chabs, I've been running your vm skin on vix 5.0(cable setup) for a couple of weeks and only thing I've noticed which isn't a big deal is that when watching a recording and you fast forward there isn't any information on the info bar i.e ffwd speed etc. No great shakes mate just letting you know.
Could you please post a screenshot. Thanks

Hi Chabs, just downloaded and installed - Luv it [emoji106]
You said earlier the 2 scripts are in the download - but they are not - just the ipk
One other thing when you Mute the sound - Im sure the muted icon showed all the time - currently goes off after a second or so! o_O
The mute icon is the image and settings. Atv sets it to disappear after 5 secs. I will chck about the script issues...

Here's the screenshot of the info bar mate.

Attachments

• IMG_20170802_124818.jpg
    IMG_20170802_124818.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 105
Any Help. When trying to telnet the /usr/script/ChabsScrape.sh and
/usr/script/VMPicks.sh I get permission denied. Cannot change the security permission to full control to run the files.

Any Help. When trying to telnet the /usr/script/ChabsScrape.sh and
/usr/script/VMPicks.sh I get permission denied. Cannot change the security permission to full control to run the files.
Telnet and run

chmod 777 /usr/script/ChabsScrape.sh
chmpd 777 /usr/script/VMPicks.sh

Back