Cable VM help

Jms1977

Hi I already have a h2s installed with sly on it working fine, however I have an old vm cable install from years ago at a guess we had vm approx. 6 years ago and I'm interested in buying h2h box to run vm and sky but don't know if the line is still live is there anyway to find out? as I don't want to spend the money then find out its not live lol,i don't have access to anyone with a vm box to borrow to try it any help appreciated thanks

Hi I already have a h2s installed with sly on it working fine, however I have an old vm cable install from years ago at a guess we had vm approx. 6 years ago and I'm interested in buying h2h box to run vm and sky but don't know if the line is still live is there anyway to find out? as I don't want to spend the money then find out its not live lol,i don't have access to anyone with a vm box to borrow to try it any help appreciated thanks

It used to be that they did go around switching off at the main boxes, I'm only guessing here but I would think that would be live.

cheers I'm vey tempted to purchase but don't want to be lumbered with a box I cant use and out of pocket lol bit of a gamble haha could I use an ftype connector and connect to tv will it pick up any channels if live or wont that work?

cheers I'm vey tempted to purchase but don't want to be lumbered with a box I cant use and out of pocket lol bit of a gamble haha could I use an ftype connector and connect to tv will it pick up any channels if live or wont that work?

No, you would need to scan the box for channels and only the FTA would work without a line

If your TV can receive DVB-C then it should be able to pick up whether you have a signal. You might need to know your Net ID and frequency in advance though as auto-tuning likely won't work.

I spoke to a VM engineer recently as I've moved so hot them round to install kit (makes my life easy as no network headaches)
Anyway guy was gone ages so I asked if everything was OK and he says I'd been turned off at the cabinet in street.

So I questioned him as I'd been offered "self install" turns out they stopped turning folk off at cabinet approx 2 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to a VM engineer recently as I've moved so hot them round to install kit (makes my life easy as no network headaches)
Anyway guy was gone ages so I asked if everything was OK and he says I'd been turned off at the cabinet in street.

So I questioned him as I'd been offered "self install" turns out they stopped turning folk off at cabinet approx 2 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting thanks

Back