VM question

ntmccann

Bit of a noob question. I live in an area of Ireland that doesn't currently have access to VM. I assume this means I can't use a VM line as I need to the VM box already on the side of my house? Am I stuck with IPTV until VM is in my area? Thanks all.

yes that's correct, you need a virgin feed coming into the house, even if it's just for broadband. Until you have virgin the only options you have is IPTV or sat although there are a number of channels you can't get on satellite now.

yes that's correct, you need a virgin feed coming into the house, even if it's just for broadband. Until you have virgin the only options you have is IPTV or sat although there are a number of channels you can't get on satellite now.
Thanks for that. I had the sat for years until it mostly shut down. VM should be available in the next month or 2 where I live so getting the broadband in will give me the necessary connection I take it. Cheers again.

What will a splitter allow me to do?
when virgin install your broadband they will install just one feed to go to your router, you can then put a splitter on that connection and split it and have one splitting of to your router and another off to your TV box. In addition to the splitter you will need two further lengths of cable to go from the splitter to the router and tv box

when virgin install your broadband they will install just one feed to go to your router, you can then put a splitter on that connection and split it and have one splitting of to your router and another off to your TV box. In addition to the splitter you will need two further lengths of cable to go from the splitter to the router and tv box
Have me head around it now. Thanks everyone for all of the help.

Bit of a noob question. I live in an area of Ireland that doesn't currently have access to VM. I assume this means I can't use a VM line as I need to the VM box already on the side of my house? Am I stuck with IPTV until VM is in my area? Thanks all.

Ignore all the other replies in here, some thought you were in NI, others alluded (though did not state) that you should use a motorised dish (or multiple LNB's) - You will not get a line for VM ROI, unless you are very lucky ( i mean finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow after being led there by a leprachaun on a unicorn lucky)

They mostly went down the pan twelve months or so ago, while the last one I know of died in the last 4 weeks.
THe post about a splitter related to if you could get a line, so don't go and buy one.

Ignore all the other replies in here, some thought you were in NI, others alluded (though did not state) that you should use a motorised dish (or multiple LNB's) - You will not get a line for VM ROI, unless you are very lucky ( i mean finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow after being led there by a leprachaun on a unicorn lucky)

They mostly went down the pan twelve months or so ago, while the last one I know of died in the last 4 weeks.
THe post about a splitter related to if you could get a line, so don't go and buy one.

Thanks Wheelo

Back