Vm recording

geoffsnook

Hi could anyone give me some pointers i have a venton unibox with a subscription from a veteran on here.It is a combo box with the sat side disabled so using the cable side sometimes it records the program i want it to and sometimes it either freezes and does not record or like on formula 1 yesterday it recorded the first practice and did not record the second the box was switched off at the time and it was on the f1 channel so any advice would be grateful then virgin sub is from here and have been very happy with it

has internal hdd been setup before using like format and ext3-4 for recording,single tuner box will allow recording to take priorty over viewing.

Should I be able to rely on these boxes to record programs or can it be hit and miss or should I download a new running system

how good is the epg as i have noticed set recording for a channel program at a time and it recorded something else.
i dont use those images so not sure how good support is for them.
maybe a bug in image and reflash needed save your line details and cfg first and i dont use settings restore and start from scratch?

So do they normally record what you ask them as we are moving from sky but would like to know if the record features are good as we do record a lot to watch later support was good but now everything is done by skype

i use a better box et 10000 quad tuner=2 x sat and 2 x cable and no problem recording with 1 tb internal hdd

if you still have a sat dish use sat side for freesat no line needed as if cable goes down you will always have tv.
plenty of boxes you can have twin cable tuners on for view and recording.

what budget do you have for a box etc as the Xtrend 8500 is quite a good box ensure you get 2 tuners so you can record one and watch another. You may be interested in the Vu+ Uno 4k, future proofing and this gives you 8 tuners. So you can records lots at the same time when you get them programme clashes. The only downside is is that your hard drive would be external as it doesn't take internal drives.

Back