VM ROI

Looking to dust off my old gigablue quad to see if I can get a tune out of it. If it works, I'll buy a card for my duo2. Heading to Maplins to buy a splitter now and some f connectors. All I need now is a line. Will I need to contact my old guy for sat as I was using a c line and I think it probably won't work on mgcamd? I'm in Ireland if anyone wants to pm me a price for a decent line.

So is vm working for ROI still? Only asking as someone posted saying some of there channels are dark!

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Could VM block the connection if they saw the hostname zgemma? My snr just dropped to 0

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OK well I've got the trusty old Gigablue quad set up with latest openvix image (5.0.014) and set up the splitter and connected to the box. Followed Bees setup guide and put my netid (43226-Meath ) in the tuner, configured crossepg and abm as per guide.

Funny thing is the ABM scan fails on the dvb-c tuner. I put the sat as the first in the provider list and it picks up 547 sky channels and then fails when it moves on to the Virgin IE. I have picked my region from the list in ABM so I was then thinking my cable must be dodgy.

However a complete manual scan found 315 channels. I have only one TV channel that clears (RTE1, someone asked about this earlier) but the SNR is a healthy 87%.

How does everyone else use ABM with VM in Ireland?

Does anyone know the channel that carries the epg data for epgrefresh on VM in ROI?

i think it's the customer channel, altho you can also use epgimporter and use the virmin media uk/ireland provider. (if using vix then it won't display with the ireland on the end but it is still the correct one

OK well I've got the trusty old Gigablue quad set up with latest openvix image (5.0.014) and set up the splitter and connected to the box. Followed Bees setup guide and put my netid (43226-Meath ) in the tuner, configured crossepg and abm as per guide.

Funny thing is the ABM scan fails on the dvb-c tuner. I put the sat as the first in the provider list and it picks up 547 sky channels and then fails when it moves on to the Virgin IE. I have picked my region from the list in ABM so I was then thinking my cable must be dodgy.

However a complete manual scan found 315 channels. I have only one TV channel that clears (RTE1, someone asked about this earlier) but the SNR is a healthy 87%.

reflash down to a lower firmware version, have same set up myself, there is a driver issue on gigablue on the later versions, im on 4.2.023. i found any higher an i had issues

What setting did you use for the manual scan? trying to get my box up and running

What setting did you use for the manual scan? trying to get my box up and running

I first went into Setup>Service Searching>Tuner Configuration

and set my network ID and Country and Region correctly

Then I went into Manual Scan and set the Type of Scan to complete

I first went into Setup>Service Searching>Tuner Configuration

and set my network ID and Country and Region correctly

Then I went into Manual Scan and set the Type of Scan to complete
Ill have to give it a go, I only get 174 Channels with ABM set to VM ROI

i think it's the customer channel, altho you can also use epgimporter and use the virmin media uk/ireland provider. (if using vix then it won't display with the ireland on the end but it is still the correct one

Cheers Jwigley, Tried leaving the customer channel on for 10 mins but no joy with the epg. I've been using epgimporter but find that I have to do a manual update as I can't seem to get the auto set up working correctly.

Cheers Jwigley, Tried leaving the customer channel on for 10 mins but no joy with the epg. I've been using epgimporter but find that I have to do a manual update as I can't seem to get the auto set up working correctly.
Define what problems your having but would prob suggest to go look in the epgimport threads around the place as I have no clue about it really sorry can't be of anymore help

reflash down to a lower firmware version, have same set up myself, there is a driver issue on gigablue on the later versions, im on 4.2.023. i found any higher an i had issues

Well that helped inasmuch as I now don't get the fatal error. I still get a tuner lock failed message though. I wonder if that's because the gb quad came with a single cable tuner and I read somewhere that Abm needs a free tuner to scan

It might be moot in any case because it's only giving me one station Fta that I haven't got on satellite so I'm not going to spend too much more time on it.

It was a nice experiment though. Thank you for your help.

Great thread!
Just a quick question, I see ABM lists Dublin, Cork and Meath only for preset NetID's.
Is there any list of the ID's for additional areas?

Back