1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VM ROI

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by xyxy, May 16, 2015.

1. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Easy
    sat uses a dish mounted on the side or roof
    cable would be like old upc and now called virgin media
    none of the above but have broadband can use iptv or android boxes etc.
    A virgin line is like finding the dodo bird long extinct ago.=card sharing line to open channels.

2. PokerFace92

PokerFace92 Registered

Does cable work through the box without broadband? Is cable done now? Is it IPTv from here on in?

3. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Cable needs a live cable feed to scan and any bb to open channels,but in ireland i think its over, iptv can work on boxes.

4. PokerFace92

PokerFace92 Registered

Thanks, if only there was a good iptv supplier

5. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

I dont use iptv as got multisat from old.

6. PokerFace92

PokerFace92 Registered

What’s multisat?

7. jdsour

jdsour Registered

8. le0pard

le0pard Registered

Anyone having serious glitching on the VM server I assume most of us are on right now ?

9. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Most of are not on it and suffer no glitching but a blank screen.

multisat is when you have a motorised sat dish that can move to other sats.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2018
    samsid likes this.
  10. Quickmine

Quickmine Registered

There's folks here with working servers and others with none.

Would the people on a working server not pass on the info to the disconnected guys to get hooked up? Or are these guys not taking any more subs or what?

11. hedges2016

hedges2016 Registered

Male
    That server is like MI6 lol

12. samsid

samsid Registered

Male
    sadly not, it's the way c/s has gone, over here anyway, basically don't trust people anymore.

13. le0pard

le0pard Registered

Also the current working server is useless the last 2 weeks. Glitching every few minutes.

14. Quickmine

Quickmine Registered

Letters going out now from Virmin saying HD channels gone from August on all the old HD PVR boxes.

HD will only be available with Horizon which doesn't use any cards, Won't be long before the lots gone at this stage I'd imagine.

A lot of people have multiroom which carries HD so don't know how they are going to please customers when it's only 1 Horizon box per house.

15. jdsour

jdsour Registered

Source?

16. Quickmine

Quickmine Registered

Got a letter today.

Quotes from users also

"I got a letter today to say my sky premiums channels HD will be going from the 15th of August as my box which is not Horizon can no longer support them I assume I will be able to get a new box that will support them but that is not made clear in the letter "

"I got the same letter today. It's very disappointing news.
    I've actively avoided the horizon box for years due to the ongoing issues I've read about on boards & elsewhere.
    But the sky sports sd quality (not virgin media's fault i realise) is not great - nothing as good as rte, bbc etc.
    I had heard that virgin have a better box from uk due to launch by year end & was hopeful of getting that but now I'm in a right pickle.
    The letter does not offer a horizon box, but I'll be contacting them to find put all possible options because I'm not a happy bunny! "

"Just rang Virgin Media about this and was told that ALL HD channels are going from the HD DVR boxes, not just Sky premium. [​IMG]

The letter is Sky premium specific, but she went off specially to check & said they only had that news today & that there is a technical issue which means no HD channels will work from August 15th. "

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2018
  17. Visor

Visor Registered

Male
  18. Quickmine

Quickmine Registered

They half arsed did. They have a new sports channel launching and have all rights to Champions League. As do BT still. Makes no sense. 20 a month if not a subscriber free for virgin TV customers.

19. cojie

cojie Registered

Any sign of the panic ending and a new or existing server being offered? Seems like the storm is over no?

20. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Yep panic over and blank screen rules.