VM Router ethernet ports not working

Anyone else experienced this, trying to plug in a zgemma and dont get any response from the ports on a VM router? No flashing lights etc. Have had this twice now both on the new SuperHub and the slightly older hub. Have tried the usual, (pinhole reset etc) but still nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the zgemma network may be faulty, have you plugged in another device like a laptop to confirm the LAN ports on the superhub work

the zgemma network may be faulty, have you plugged in another device like a laptop to confirm the LAN ports on the superhub work

Thanks bud, yes, i have done all the tests possible to rule out everything, its defo the router [emoji106]

Thanks bud, yes, i have done all the tests possible to rule out everything, its defo the router [emoji106]

the router insnt in modem only mode, as this would disable all the LAN ports but just the one

the router insnt in modem only mode, as this would disable all the LAN ports but just the one

Will check this out tomorrow bud, thanks.

hate to sound stupid but do you have wired network turned on in the zgemma's menus? ive noticed some ship with wifi only enabled (useless if the seller didnt give u a wifi dongle) as if thats the case you can plug what ever you want into the ethernet port and u wont get any life

without knowing what image you use i cant give u exact instructions for checking but it will be something like this on your remote

Menu button > setup > system > network > device setup > make sure LAN connection has a tick on it and the WLAN is not active, once it has plug in the ethernet cables and u should see flashing lights ;) from network setup you can now run a network test, you want 5 green ticks after its run

hate to sound stupid but do you have wired network turned on in the zgemma's menus? ive noticed some ship with wifi only enabled (useless if the seller didnt give u a wifi dongle) as if thats the case you can plug what ever you want into the ethernet port and u wont get any life

without knowing what image you use i cant give u exact instructions for checking but it will be something like this on your remote

Menu button > setup > system > network > device setup > make sure LAN connection has a tick on it and the WLAN is not active, once it has plug in the ethernet cables and u should see flashing lights ;) from network setup you can now run a network test, you want 5 green ticks after its run

Thanks for the reply, didnt check this because the box was working on the lan at my place so it must be configured correctly [emoji106]

Thanks for the reply, didnt check this because the box was working on the lan at my place so it must be configured correctly [emoji106]

when you have network issues its the first thing that should be checked ;)

if the box worked with the same settings on a different router using a different Ethernet then that rules out the box as the problem, so it then comes down to either Ethernet or router
but hes swapped Ethernet out 3 times and still same problem, so the problem must surely lye with the router

if the box worked with the same settings on a different router using a different Ethernet then that rules out the box as the problem, so it then comes down to either Ethernet or router
but hes swapped Ethernet out 3 times and still same problem, so the problem must surely lye with the router

and how likely is it that 4 ports on a router are all broke?

well if nothings changed on the box and its worked on another router then what else can it be?

Intermittent problems I'd get on to vm there's loads on the net of you have a Google they've resent loads out any others they've reset the signal there end and some.have started working

I had a homeplug connected and that caused all the other ports to not work...

So i removed and it fixed the issue for me.

Back