VM SPLITTER

I just had VM broadband/phone installed, I checked the brown box on the outside of my house and there is no splitter just 1 cable connected although there are 2 other cabless without f connectors I have a VM box in a bedroom upstairs which is not live since install, is it normal not to have a splitter in the brown box, if not should I inform VM to get a splitter installed or can I do it myself as I want 1 Zgemma box downstairs and 1 upstairs.

Are you saying that the bedroom box should be live as you are paying for it--or do you just wish to get a naughty connection.
Reaper.

Yes you can split the feed yourself but i'm confused as to why you have a genuine VM box in bedroom upstairs without a feed to it :/

I dont have a VM box, in the bedroom there is a VM white box it was live before the Vm broadband was installed now it is not I just want to know if I have to install a specific splitter for outside so I can connect a coaxial cable to the white VM box in the bedroom rather than have to run a cable from the living room th the upstairs bedroom.wh

I get you now that you've explained it properly :grin: ... yeah you can just fit a splitter yourself to the outside box and run a wire up the outside wall into the box in the bedroom... a good quality tratec / labgear one will do the trick - you can get the labgear ones in screwfix ;)

VM fit 5-1000 ones but 5-2400 ones should be fine as long as it's a good brand like labgear

I connected the splitter 5-1000Mhz but the picture on the box upstairs is getting slight interference is there anyhing I can try to sort this problem

I connected the splitter 5-1000Mhz but the picture on the box upstairs is getting slight interference is there anyhing I can try to sort this problem

What brand did you use? Tratec / Labgear are recommended - cheap unknown / unbranded ones are no good.

I'd also check connections that screw into splitter / wall / box.

Correct Net ID?

Failing everything above, you may need to purchase a konig powered splitter.

Sorry to piggyback this thread but can anyone recommend a splitter kit from eBay / amazon or the like ? I bought a cheap one but doesn't seem to work at all and if I unplug the modem cable and try to split it doesn't make a connection again.

Thanks

Back