VM starting to go?

This is the important bit:

What happens if I don't order a replacement Virgin TV box?
Your current V box will no longer be supported by our TV service later this year.

So I assume it will depend how many customers still haven't updated as to when they switch them off. If everyone does by the end of July then in theory it could go off August 1st, but if they have 100,000 still not updated I am sure they will send them a 'last chance' reminder which will delay the switch off.

So, we still have 2 or 3 months at least, so if renewing your line stick to shorter periods, monthly or quarterly at most.

Your current V box will no longer be supported by our TV service later this year.

So I assume it will depend how many customers still haven't updated as to when they switch them off. If everyone does by the end of July then in theory it could go off August 1st, but if they have 100,000 still not updated I am sure they will send them a 'last chance' reminder which will delay the switch off.

So, we still have 2 or 3 months at least, so if renewing your line stick to shorter periods, monthly or quarterly at most.
Yeah its just a matter of time for all customers to respond before they black out area by area again and such a shame i aint been in this game long but eh oh ive rather enjoyed the journey so far thanks to great people on here like yourself @grog68

8MGjw.gif

Yeah its just a matter of time for all customers to respond before they black out area by area again and such a shame i aint been in this game long but eh oh ive rather enjoyed the journey so far thanks to great people on here like yourself @grog68
Same here, didn't get into it until 2 years ago, don't know what rock I was living under before then. It's been a fun 2 years, I wonder if VM will upgrade my zgemma to a V6 LOL

Would this affect IPTV?

there are many ways of streaming channels,

the best way, but far from cheapest is to take a feed direct from a legitimate decoder , one channel per box only using a hdmi encoder.

very expensive to implement but works extremely well.

you'll soon tell how good your iptv server is when cardshare goes black on vm :(y):

Same here, didn't get into it until 2 years ago, don't know what rock I was living under before then. It's been a fun 2 years, I wonder if VM will upgrade my zgemma to a V6 LOL
Yeah they will certainly upgrade your bill aswell lol :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

there are many ways of streaming channels,

the best way, but far from cheapest is to take a feed direct from a legitimate decoder , one channel per box only using a hdmi encoder.

very expensive to implement but works extremely well.

you'll soon tell how good your iptv server is when cardshare goes black on vm :(y):

Are you saying some providers have over 100 plus, boxes??

we should have longer than that its only the V box which is not capable of HD channels anyway not V HD,V+ boxes

V HD V+ boxes will still be running so we should still be OK. We slag Virgin off but hey them boxes must be coming up to 10+ years old and still going strong haha!

it will take ages for people to change over to the tivo, and it will cost vm alot of money to make these tivo boxes for everyone in the uk if they are given them for free and people wont pay to change over so they will lose a lot of customers.

"Upgrade replaces your V box with either a 500Gb HD ready TiVo box or a V6 box" Yeah god knows why on earth they are still handing out TiVo boxes WE'RE SAFE (for now)

"Upgrade replaces your V box with either a 500Gb HD ready TiVo box or a V6 box" Yeah god knows why on earth they are still handing out TiVo boxes WE'RE SAFE (for now)
The Tivo has a scart socket so I would assume will be issued to those with older TV's that have no hdmi connectivity. They are cardless though.

I assume they will do the same upgrade with the V HD and V+ once they've upgraded all the V boxes. Or they may be able just to do firmware updates on the V+ and V HD like they did on the Tivo making it cardless, which may not be possible to do on the V boxes.

The Tivo has a scart socket so I would assume will be issued to those with older TV's that have no hdmi connectivity. They are cardless though.

I assume they will do the same upgrade with the V HD and V+ once they've upgraded all the V boxes. Or they may be able just to do firmware updates on the V+ and V HD like they did on the Tivo making it cardless, which may not be possible to do on the V boxes.
Tivo ? Cardless ? via firmware upgrade... Didn't know this, if they've managed to integrate that without issues maybe there is cause for concern.

Tivo ? Cardless ? via firmware upgrade... Didn't know this, if they've managed to integrate that without issues maybe there is cause for concern.

My Tivo has a card -- however, following on online update last year, it no longer needs a card to operate :(

My tivo is about 6 years old and like smiffy above its technically no longer a box with a card since online update, You can't stop progress!!!

I reckon that visiting Aliens are running the cable and sat companies using their technology to upset us poor earthlings.
Technology has moved so fast forward in such a short time---where has it come from, when will it slow down and give us hackers a chance to catch up.
Depressed Reaper.:(

Back