VM Superhub improve wifi

camlehial

My Superhub only gives me a wifi speed of around 20-50mbps on a good day, the things used on wifi are only consoles and where VM have installed the superb it is hard to get cables running throughout the house, what is the best option for me? I have read a little about Modem Mode but not 100% sure how it works and which router i should buy, don't need anything too expensive, just to improve my wifi speed overall.

Thanks

I had the exact same issue... wifi was horrendous around the house and cabling up the entire house was not really an option.

Any cable modem will suffice, there are hundreds from the budget £20 ones to the top of the rang £350 ones.

My personal set up involves VM Superhub 3.0 in modem mode connected to a D-Link router which connects the family to the internet. I have also connected a linksys wrt1900ACS configured with open VPN. This connects my PC, 3 Zgemma Boxes running VM and 2 IPTV subs, a Roku box for my plex needs. Wifi is disabled so it does not interfere with the other network.

It works really well!

the other option is to use wifi repeaters and or range extenders.

I would avoid power line that connect to the mains to extend range.

Some people use " home plugs " it you dont want to cable around the house m8 ??

Last edited:
What superhub do you have? ... the hub 3.0 is quite a bit better than its predecessors for Wi-Fi.

Back