VM "Time out for Tuner lock"

Hi,

I'm just trying to setup VM on my GIGABLUE Quad HD running openvix i have entered what is supposed to be the correct NETID in both the tuner config and AMB when i scan i get "Time out for Tuner lock"

I have tried netid 41048 and 41060. Are these correct for Wirral what else could the error be?

Cheers
Slip

Are you sure the cable line is still active do you have virgin broadband or tv sub, if it's been a while since it was used may have been disconnected

Thanks for the reply, definitely have a VM broadband connection was activated today.

is there anyway to test the tuner?

Thats manchester and bolton

---------- Post Merged at 11:32 AM ----------

LIVERPOOL 1 - NORTH TW 40966 571.000 6.952
LIVERPOOL 2 - NORTH TW 40965 571.000 6.952
Liverpool SOUTH TW 40916 411.000 6.952

Net Id 41048 and S/R 6952 should be ok for Wirral.

Time out / Tuner lock is when you have got a tuner which is configured, without a lead attached to it or a bad connection.

For instance on a combo, if you connect the cable tuner and not the sat tuner, it will time out.

Any tuners which don't have leads attached to them need to be set to "not configured"
to stop the time out error.

It's basically trying to scan the tuner for channels but is timing out as it can't find anything.

Got it all sorted, was the version of openvix i was using for some reason not liking the tuner? Not sure how but a flash sorted it.

Back