VM TiVo Box Hard drives

Root

What is the fastest way to get a hard drive taken out of a VM TiVo box to be recognised in windows 7 (for formatting) Thanks.

youve no chance the sky+ hard drive are preconfigured to a way that you cant format them either so the tivo box will be even harder to do as there made by cisco unless you have access to a pc running ubuntu or a lynux system and try it throught that

youve no chance the sky+ hard drive are preconfigured to a way that you cant format them either so the tivo box will be even harder to do as there made by cisco unless you have access to a pc running ubuntu or a lynux system and try it throught that

I already formatted one by plugging it into the PC as the master drive and just formatting it as if I were going to install an operating system onto it. That works fine but I was hoping for a simpler way. Thanks

Last edited:
I've removed several tamper proof screws but now need torx screwdriver, when I finally get the 500g hdd out the cisco box (might end up smashing the case) will it be usable, sky hdds are not a problem.

Yes perfectly useable, I dont see why you had a problem getting it out I found it very simple its a security torx 10 should be all you need.

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Back