Vm woes

slyuser

So I have 1 vm connection to the house for 300mb internet.

I have 2 zgemma boxes with vm lines in the house.

There is a 3 way splitter out side at the main junction box of the house with 3 cables. One to each zgemma and one to the router.

Over the past few weeks I had been having major issues with the internet dropping and the tv being pixelated. Sometime the internet Would drop completely or the speed would go down to 5mbps.

I called vm with the aim of them cranking up the signal to the house. But as I've only one vm device in the house they simply disconnected the other devices and "fixed" the issue.

The internet is running smooth...

But I have no tv (apart from iptv)

Does anyone have any other suggestions on a home fix???

On a side note the engineer did say that it looked like a signal issue...

Tia

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bring one cable in to the house, then you could get a 1 to 3 splitter.
I’m trying to find the one I have

I have
1 in to a 2way split, one to hub and the other to a 4way splitter

I have the
technetix hdu I have the 200 but I think you can get a 300 or 400 not such on the numbers

Would that cause interference or a drop in speeds...

I'm thinking of 1 cable into house. To a 3 way powered splitter to feed the 3 boxes...

Cool il get one of those and 're do the set up..

Need suggestions on the beat powered splitter to get..

The engineers also didn't recommend modem mode as it "brakes things"

Cool il get one of those and 're do the set up..

Need suggestions on the beat powered splitter to get..

The engineers also didn't recommend modem mode as it "brakes things"

The engineer said what :fuckyou: talking :poop:
Only way to go with VM super hub is modem mode and your own router.

The engineer said what :fuckyou: talking :poop:
Only way to go with VM super hub is modem mode and your own router.
I have a superhub 3 in normal router mode with at least 2 boxes at any one time without an issue, no need to fork out for additional router unless you want to use a vpn for iptv or something

Sounds like the op could benefit from using a HDU powered splitter. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here. just do a search on the fleabay.

I have a superhub 3 in normal router mode with at least 2 boxes at any one time without an issue, no need to fork out for additional router unless you want to use a vpn for iptv or something

I Agree. My original network setup with a superhub and a few devices was not a problem. Once I started to expand it with CCTV, home network devices and other bits and pieces it would fall over. Also I needed vpn to access stuff from outside my home network. Hence I bought my own ASUS router and put the SH into modem mode. I have over 20 devices connected and it’s not missed a beat since I purchased it over 12 months ago.
One thing is certain. The engineer was taking rubbish about modem mode.

Suffice to say the connection has been even worse since the engineer has been.

Spoke go the service team. Looks like the router power levels are too low. Should be between 10 and 20 db but currently in the - range.

So a network engineer booked along with a replacement router...

Hopefully they crank up the power and be done with...

Back