VOD tv shows displaying blank video with audio in background using IPTV Smarters Pro

Hi Chaps

I was after some advice please

I am running IPTV on a 4k max firestick with IPTV Smarters (downloaded from Troypoint) and ip vanish

I have BT full fibre broadband - smart hub 2

Live Tv is running fine, the issue l have is that some of the tv shows and movies when played are displaying a blank screen with audio in the background

The external player used is VLC

I believe smart hub wizard is disabled now as l can’t find this when logging into the router by the homehub IP address

I have disabled Bt protect from the My BT app

I have played about with the settings within IPTV Smarters & vlc player but it’s just strange that some tv shows have blank video when played

Friends on vermin don’t have any issues when playing these tv shows

So must be something in the BT smart hub 2 that’s blocking or causing these streams to show blank video with audio in the background

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to do

The supplier has checked the streams for these tv shows and playback has been fine and also been through checks with ip vanish & vlc player but can’t pinpoint the problem

I tried mx player- downloaded from amazon onto the firestick- but that wasn’t too good - it timed out or there was video and no audio of the tv shows

Anyway apologies for the lengthy message but l have put in a lot of information and hopefully someone can provide any advice as it’s driving me mad !

Thanks
Charlie

Hi Chaps

I am running IPTV on a 4k max firestick with IPTV Smarters (downloaded from Troypoint) and ip vanish

Live Tv is running fine, the issue l have is that some of the tv shows and movies when played are displaying a blank screen with audio in the background

I believe smart hub wizard is disabled now as l can’t find this when logging into the router by the homehub IP address

I have played about with the settings within IPTV Smarters & vlc player but it’s just strange that some tv shows have blank video when played

So must be something in the BT smart hub 2 that’s blocking or causing these streams to show blank video with audio in the background

The supplier has checked the streams for these tv shows and playback has been fine and also been through checks with ip vanish & vlc player but can’t pinpoint the problem

I tried mx player- downloaded from amazon onto the firestick- but that wasn’t too good - it timed out or there was video and no audio of the tv shows

Anyway apologies for the lengthy message but l have put in a lot of information and hopefully someone can provide any advice as it’s driving me mad !

Thanks
Charlie
Is there no choice of players in smarters?
Usually it's a choice of VLC or exo or maybe another one.
Does your provider not have his own app?
You could install that and try the offending streams on that.
I wouldn't waste any more time on the BT hub, it's not that otherwise nothing would play

Hi Chaps

Thanks
Charlie
Unfortunately this is an issue with the 4k Max, I have heard a lot of these issues, my advice..........................stick with the basic Firestick 4k

many thanks for the comments

I will try and experiential with different players

If l press forward or rewind once 10 secs into the tv show - the video comes on and then l can watch. Not a total disaster

Supplier suggested to use mx player - tried it - but it timed out on a few of the tv shows and even had audio but no video

Interesting about the 4K max - how weird

Any thoughts of which external player l can use instead of VLC

I have tried mx player but that wasn’t reliable for me

Many thanks for the info chaps

Unfortunately this is an issue with the 4k Max, I have heard a lot of these issues, my advice..........................stick with the basic Firestick 4k
have to second this one, i've been getting lots of niggles over the last few weeks with a 4k max, just random stuff like films stopping half way through, live tv just stalling, no patterns just random stuff, went back to my shield and no problems since!

Interesting comments about the 4K max

I will have a play round with other external players - as vlc was working fine - but seeing what else may work

Back