VPN Info and suggestions

Thanks for the advice everyone, i have got Digibit running as well as i can , unfortunately i can not put the VPN through the router as i am renting a room and it's not my router, the proof in the pudding will be at the weekend when the sport is on i suppose but Dsayers2014 thank you i would love to see that digibit script when you are done, any chance of Express VPN (I use it on the PC and it's the best VPN i have tried so far, only lose 10 meg when i'm in Russia or something, Digibit on the other hand i have never had above 8 meg download on the closest server to me lol? Your help is much appreciated mate

I use Nord at router level, I'm sure most vpns can be put into a enigma 2 receivers, just ask the relevant VPN provider for advice, some are better than others with help.
I have it running through Wooshbuilds add Digibit VPN easily - could not get Express VPN working through PIA - so that's why i tried out Digibit, and yeah some providers don't have a clue what they are doing. Fortunately i found a good one recommended on here

I have found nordvpn for 2 year sub £55 anyone know cheaper price?

anyone tried IvacyVPN
Digibit is £2 per moth using a promo code they have advertised on their site, still unsure if i would recommend them though, Listen to the veterans on here for the best advice

Last edited:
Digibit is £2 per moth using a promo code they have advertised on their site, still unsure if i would recommend them though, Listen to the veterans on here for the best advice
Be careful with Digibit I had issues with devices not connecting and poor speeds when set up through my router.

It's been mentioned to me by a work colleague who tried it for 2 hours then cancelled that he continues to get billed and has had to take this up with PayPal as no response from digibit.

I have am using a Zgemma h2s with the latest wooshbuild I have digibit on it thro the easy add on and I have changed the name server to 8.8.8.8 the problem I have is I have to keep reflashing my box when I use it any help much appreciated

I have am using a Zgemma h2s with the latest wooshbuild I have digibit on it thro the easy add on and I have changed the name server to 8.8.8.8 the problem I have is I have to keep reflashing my box when I use it any help much appreciated
Why have you changed the DNS?

I have digibit and never had an issue with them I must admit, but what ever works for you works.

When it was set up via your router then it's all down to processing power etc. (as mentioned way back in this thread.

I use it on a small router that's sat behind my IPTV and it works really well, also have it set up on my PC via openvpn and that of course works better as my PC is doing all the encryption etc. faster speeds...)

I also have changed to an anonymous DNS provider, yeah it's OK using google's DNS 8.8.8.8 but I'd rather be with a DNS provider that does no logging when connected to my VPN. (I also have my router to those settings when I'm not connected to the VPN so i'm still using the anonymous DNS)

I use DNS Watch my self. :)
Code:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-dns-providers-security/

I'm learning mate, I am now using Xtream Editors VPN (which is basically the same as Wooshbuilds version), but this seems to work much better, i can change servers and most of them work but Digibits speeds are still abysmal compared to other VPN's, I'm getting 8 meg max but that seems to be fine to keep my service running nicely.

Thanks for the info StrawDog, Ideally i want a VPN router. Stupid question (but do you get VPN switches?) as i am currently using powerline adaptors from the router to a switch then onto my devices

np, :) when you say "vpn switch" what do you mean?

p.s yeah a router that you can configure vpn's etc. on are neat little bit's of kit, been there got the T-shirt with them, funnily enough just been looking at merlin in place of tomato that I have as that is super easy for telling which devices you want to use a vpn with rather than tomato at the moment that you have to write a script for.

Saying that I'm quite happy with my set up at the minute. mag 254 behind a GLi net router, everything else using my normal gateway (dark knight router ) to the net apart from vpn on my PC :)

I meant to say an ethernet switch with a built in VPN or configurable files mate because i can't change the router as i am renting a room

Last edited:
what about one of them small GLi net routers for about £20.00 ? they have a configurable open vpn interface etc. (as long as your VPN supplier can give you the config files)

Is that what your after?

Then you can connect that to your network and configure it your end, any devices connected to that would be behind the vpn... I have the yellow one but should have bought the black one as it's a little bit faster (processor etc.) how ever your not going to get blazing speeds from it as the processor/ram etc has a lot of work to do with encryption. works well on my mag 254 though.

I could enable the wireless for any devices to connect too it but I don't need that option enabled as all my wireless devices connect to my main router.

Hope that helps?

router HERE

13_12_2017_19_42_02.jpg

Last edited:
I like the sound of that, brilliant info, i can get the config files from Express VPN no problem, That's just the sort of thing i am after.

Going to take a look at them now, thanks chief

Might need to get the three port one as i like being hardwired in everywhere, apart from the phones obviously

Last edited:
Back