VPN on samsung TV

andyfto

Hi,
Appologise if this has been answered many time but im quite new to all this and trying to understand it all.
Can i put a VPN on the TV or do i have to buy a vpn router and connect it to my BT hub and then connect the TV to the VPN routers wifi. I have no idea how to connect a VPN router if that is the way to do it.
Thanks

How easy is it to setup though?
Also what router should i be looking at? my current download speed is 35mbps max

Ive just bought the Netgear Nighhawk r7000 with vpn installed within it, All top end routers with dd-wrt installed will run vpn with little loss of speed [ so i`m being told ]

tomato firmware is better than dd-wrt for running vpn imo. Also, I run 2 x Netgear r7000 and 1 x Netgear r8000, r7000 is the better router due to the better firmware that can be put on it. I only have 55Mps at home and the r7000 is not an overkill and some of the settings which can be altered with tomato are fantastic.

tomato firmware is better than dd-wrt for running vpn imo. Also, I run 2 x Netgear r7000 and 1 x Netgear r8000, r7000 is the better router due to the better firmware that can be put on it. I only have 55Mps at home and the r7000 is not an overkill and some of the settings which can be altered with tomato are fantastic.

lol... only if one knows what he is doing m8, sorry but i had to pay for a fully configured router with vpn on it, and like most sellers, they don't want to know you once they have your cash...

Last edited:
really isn't different to flash your own router. a child could do it. you literally log into it, go the the firmware section and hit upload, and as for adding vpn (OpenVPN) this is one of the easiest things to do inside tomato. id recommend using PIA (Private Internet Acess) which doesn't result in slow connection speeds and also works extremely well with tomato firmware. anyone can do it with a little reading it really isn't difficult :)

How come PIA is not rated in the top 5 vpn companies m8, i went for Express vpn, and i must say... they are the dearest, so will see you next year when i change my vpn supplier m8, lol

Back