1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vpn on solo 4k now working

Discussion in 'Vu+ SOLO Support' started by makido, Feb 23, 2017.

1. makido

makido TK Veteran Forum Supporter

I have done this guide as setup for the solo 4k is slightly different, as I found out, hope it helps

This is based on a pia account

login into your pia account, go to downloads and support and download the file openvpn configaration files (recommended default)

1, Install openvpn on your box blue button > network > network services > openvpn

2, Make a folder on your desktop call it openvpn

3, Open the openvpn.zip file that you have just downloaded, from there you need the ca.rsa.crt file (security certificate) and the crl.rsa.pem (pem file) drag these two files into the openvpn folder that you have just created on your desktop

4 Then get any ovpn file drag it to your desktop and edit the line auth-user-pass so it reads auth-user-pass password.txt (dont forget to leave a space after pass and after.txt)

5, Save the file as Client.conf you can now put this file into your openvpn folder

6, Make a password.txt file using notepad and add your username and password that you got from your email so it looks something like this:
    p1234567
    HW7987654321

7, Save and add it to the the openvpn folder

8, You should now have four files in the openvpn folder, so the folder can now be added to the box root/etc

9, Finally press the green button to start vpn on your box, and hopefully all is good and its working.

It really is that simple

wilsock and bangord30 like this.
  2. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    I use ip vanish, have downloaded their open vpn zip file but it only contains a list of all of their vpn servers (open vpn config file) and the security certificate, where do I get the other file from. Obviously the password.txt I can create.

3. makido

Do you mean the pem file, when I downloaded the Pia files everything I needed was in that one file.

4. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    I think so, when I download from IP Vanish their zip file only contains 2 files, one is the certificate, the other is the VPN server location that you re name as the client.config.

Tried it again earlier with no success.

I may end up dtching IP vanish and trying PIA.

5. makido

Just had a look at the software and config index for ip vanish in there is a file called guideCRT.txt it does look something like the one I used for pia. Could that be what your looking for. Can you see anything that as crt in it apart from the security certificate, or could it be a separate download.
    Have you tried configuring without the pem file

6. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    In your tutorial above i've subscribed to pia but everytime I try and get to the downloads and support page it logs me out. PIA (should stand for pain in the arse).

7. makido

Are you sure its logging you out as ive just tried and im in. When you sign in, and then go to downloads just keep scrolling down and you should see the files

8. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    Tried adding just 3 files but it didn't work.

9. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    Right managed to find it via their help page. I'll give it a go...

makido likes this.
  10. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    Nope still doesn't work. Not sure what else I should try.

11. makido

Try the Pia or is that what your trying now

12. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    Sorry, yeh tried PIA, sorted out the 4 files, put them onto the sat box, still not working, I assume its a box problem rather than a vpn problem.

13. makido

What box are you trying I know it works on the solo 4 duo2 solo2 and zgemma. They were all running open atv never tried on vix.
    If you want to send me your username and password in a pm I will sort the files needed and send it back to you, then all you need to do is add the file to the box

14. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    Appreciate it cheers, pm about to be sent.

makido likes this.
  15. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    Solo2.

16. peeky

peeky Registered

Hi sorry to butt in I've tried this on my vu solo2 running vix 5.025 and I can't get it to work the vpn works fine on my pc
    Ste

17. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    Same here.

18. Studio5

Studio5 Registered

Male
    All working now, many thanks to makido for your help.

makido likes this.
  19. peeky

peeky Registered

Any chance you could help me with mine
    Ste

20. makido

Sorry mate missed your post. Are you on pia