VPN on VM Hub/Samsung smart TV-how please?

space54

Sorry for yet another VPN thread guys, but some help and guidance would be appreciated! My IPTV provider was getting pretty much full marks up to a couple of weeks ago, but then all EPL soccer blocked-like many other of us have experienced! I sent a very polite e-mail asking if he was likely to be able to overcome this issue and his (somewhat disappointing!) response was for me to try VPN software!

OK then, we are where we are, I'll give it a try, but as very much an IT novice, I'm not at all sure what to do! I've read that I can't apply a VPN direct to the Samsung TV (not android), but fortunately my VM hub is an old style which can be figured to allow VPN as per below:-

http://vpnratings.com/how-to/install-vpn-virgin-media/

So, all I need now is a VPN account!!??? No problem locating a provider-but what exactly do you then do? Does the provider supply certain settings that you have to input in some manner??! Sorry if this sounds a stupid question, but as they say the answer's only easy if you know it! Once again many thanks for any and all assistance!

Finally, a friend who I thought less techie than me has told me all I have to do is change the DNS on the TV? Is there any truth in this? Is an alternative DNS part of what comes with a VPN?
Cheers!
Keith

Cupraraj-haven't gone down the VPN route yet, from other threads I'm presuming that possibly the best solution could be to put the VM hub into modem mode and connect to a second router suitable for VPN.

Up to now I've managed to find 3.00pm footie on a foreign station and even tie in a radio commentary with a DAB radio that can be paused!
keith

You do not need to put your vermin router into Modem mode to add a good second router to your network, i'm running a netgear nighthawk router with my vermin router still in its router mode. Yes you can do this if you choose, but not essential to do so..??

Back